Director, Creative Operations and Production Management
With over 130 store and warehouse locations and more than 7,500 associates across the U.S. and Canada, Crate and Barrel is a dynamic and growing multi-channel furniture and housewares retailer. So we can continue to help others love how they live in moments that matter, the iconic brand is looking for a driven and passionate professional to raise the bar and join our Creative Production department as a Director, Creative Operations and Production Management located in our Northbrook, IL corporate office.
The Director, Creative Operations and Production Management will lead the development of strategies/solutions, processes and infrastructure to drive operational efficiency and organizational effectiveness. This role is responsible for leading teams responsible for Asset Management, Merchandise Management, Project Management, and Production across all Creative functions while driving effectiveness and efficiency by empowering and delegating throughout the Creative organization. The Director will coordinate and streamline communications working with the VP to keep the executive team and operational teams aligned in lockstep.
- Develop short and long term operational strategies and tactics for creating a highly efficient creative organization that enables creative excellence and positions the team to meet the goals of business/brand.
- Design, develop and maintain core Creative operations processes to support collaboration and communication throughout the Asset Management, Project Management, Production and Photo Studio Teams.
- Design and execute ways to streamline the workflow process and improve our effectiveness by connecting/integrating the multiple workstreams and calendars in a fluid and efficient manner, ensuring it is optimized for speed, agility and creative excellence.
- Optimize our creative resources through effective allocation and utilization; manage, monitor and analyze creative team workload capacity; anticipate and proactively solve for potential work capacity/scheduling issues.
- Lead teams to drive optimal effectiveness in the workflow, product warehousing / merchandise flow / logistics, production and budget optimization, studio space utilization, scheduling and talent / resource coordination.
- Provide direction and guidance on selecting and establishing process tools to support, manage and improve our processes.
- Represent the interests of the Marketing Creative team as the business owner in key cross-functional systems based initiatives such as the DAM/CMS.
- Oversee bidding and contract negotiations with vendors and external talent in collaboration with creative, marketing and legal partners.
- Build a team that is fully engaged, motivated and committed to performing at their highest level and driving a spirit of continuous learning/improvement with the entire team.
- Promotes positivity and collaboration, creates strong and effective networks, able to develop strong partnerships and create consensus among several stakeholders across the team/company.
- 10+ years relevant experience in creative operations, process development/improvement, organizational transformation, photo studio operations
- A minimum of 7 years leading teams
- BA or BS Degree in a related field
- Working knowledge of process mapping and resource management tools (e.g. Workfront, Monday, Opal…)
- Ability to transform business/marketing strategies into effective action plans for the team
- Experience creating effective operational strategies/processes that achieve business initiatives, marketing strategies and creative objectives in the most efficient way possible
- Experience with developing resource capacity models and operational metrics
- Experience and understanding of processes integral to producing high quality, high volume multi-channel creative work including photography; Traditional and digital production
- Strong experience developing and/or working with a DAM/CMS, Workflow process, Organizational design; Adobe CS a plus
- Strong technical aptitude and understanding of technologies and digital tools
- Excellent problem solver who responds, prioritize and embraces challenges of seemingly impossible tasks
- Excellent decision making skills
- Results driven, demonstrates resourcefulness and adaptability
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Good reading, written and verbal language skills (English)
The job description and other aspects of the job listed on this job posting should not be construed to contain every function/responsibility that may be required to be performed by an associate in this job. Associates are required to perform other related functions as assigned.
Euromarket Designs, Inc., which does business as Crate and Barrel and CB2, will be referred to as “the Company”. The Company is deeply committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact the location you are applying to here and ask to speak with a manager regarding the nature of your request.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
The Company participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the US.
State / City Compliance: The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal history, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Get To Know Our Team.
Get to know us and find out why you should become part of our team.Meet Our Associates
Don’t See Anything of Interest?
Join our Talent Community to stay in the loop with our job news and opportunities.Sign Up (Opens in New Window)