Senior Director, Design - Furniture and LightingApply Location: Northbrook, Illinois
With over 130 store and warehouse locations and more than 7,500 associates across the U.S. and Canada, Crate and Barrel is a dynamic and growing multi-channel furniture and housewares retailer. So we can continue to help others love how they live in moments that matter, the iconic brand is looking for a driven and passionate professional to raise the bar and join our Merchandising department as a Senior Director, Design - Furniture and Lighting, located in our Northbrook, Illinois corporate office.
The Senior Director, Design - Furniture & Lighting, is a key creative leadership role within the brand’s Product Design and Development department that builds the future of Crate & Barrel through innovative product design. This position will oversee and guide the design development of all furniture categories ranging from bedroom, storage, home office, upholstery, dining, outdoor, and lighting.
- Work closely with the VP, Product Design & Development on the seasonal design and execution of innovative furniture and lighting product concepts at a macro level.
- Lead a best in class creative design team through the incubation and design execution of a uniquely differentiated and innovative furniture and lighting collection.
- Work closely with key cross-functional design leaders across merchandising and sourcing to deliver the most immersive and compelling product assortment in order to maximize sales, brand synergy and growth.
- Oversee the overall trend of the product line at a macro level by providing a directional point of view to members of the team, contributing to our brand’s overall creative identity and voice.
- Guide and foster designers at different levels with technical design knowledge.
- Oversee all related job and administrative responsibilities of the design team.
- Travel extensively for design inspiration and in-country product development, working with key vendor partners across the globe and in collaboration with our sourcing teams.
- Oversee, lead and manage the design development process through ideation and sampling, from concept to market.
- Manage operational and travel budgets across assigned categories.
- A minimum of 7 years experience working in the furniture design industry
- Experience leading teams with strong communication and leadership skills
- BFA or MA in Industrial Design, Furniture design or any related design field
- Strong knowledge of design and art history
- Strong technical knowledge of furniture design and production processes
- Ability to interact with executive and/or major customers/vendors with experience negotiating/influencing
- Ability to travel internationally (30%)
- In-depth knowledge of the functional area, business strategies and business priorities
- Participates with other senior leaders to establish strategic plans and objectives
- Ability to makes final decisions on operational matters that impact the effectiveness of the team
- Ability to translate business objectives into strategic business plans for team/function
- Within the functional area, proven ability to address complex issues requiring in-depth knowledge
- Good reading, written and verbal language skills (English)
The job description and other aspects of the job listed on this job posting should not be construed to contain every function/responsibility that may be required to be performed by an associate in this job. Associates are required to perform other related functions as assigned.
Euromarket Designs, Inc., which does business as Crate and Barrel and CB2, will be referred to as “the Company”. The Company is deeply committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact the location you are applying to here and ask to speak with a manager regarding the nature of your request.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the US.
Get To Know Our Team.
Get to know us and find out why you should become part of our team.Meet Our Associates
Don’t See Anything of Interest?
Join our Talent Community to stay in the loop with our job news and opportunities.Sign Up (Opens in New Window)