Director, Human Resources - CorporateApply Location: Northbrook, Illinois
With over 130 store and warehouse locations and more than 7,500 associates across the U.S. and Canada, Crate and Barrel is a dynamic and growing multi-channel furniture and housewares retailer. So we can continue to help others love how they live in moments that matter, the iconic brand is looking for a driven and passionate professional to raise the bar and join our HR department as a Director, Human Resources - Corporate, located in our Northbrook, IL corporate office.
- Partners with the Vice President, Human Resources, business leaders, and peers to assess human resources needs and opportunities, develop strategic objectives, and implement operational programs for human resources.
- Leads HR Business Partners to build relationships with teams, influence leadership, and execute strategic plans by delivering effective tools and processes that attract, retain, motivate, and develop sustainable teams.
- Leads strategic human resources initiatives for teams that are in-line with business objectives to drive results while ensuring alignment with strategic initiatives and human resources best practices (e.g., talent recruitment, development and training; associate engagement; succession planning; performance management; legal/regulatory compliance; compensation, safety and benefit policies and practices).
- Leads the development and maintenance of a talent strategy and performance-oriented culture for teams by communicating, teaching, influencing, and supporting the execution of consistent processes and routines around talent assessment, succession planning, recognition, and performance management.
- Acts as a trusted advisor to leaders; coaches, inspires, influences, and helps leaders develop their capabilities.
- Provides expertise and guidance regarding situations involving associate relations, compliance, safety, compensation, benefits, talent acquisition, and workers’ compensation in partnership with the HR Centers of Excellence (HR COEs) to reinforce a culture of compliance and safety, provide consistency, and take smart risks that are compliant with pertinent HR-related laws and regulations.
- Collaborates with HR leadership and the HR COEs and leaders to develop, lead, and maintain human resources-related processes and metrics that drive results and effectively address the needs and concerns of the team.
- Leads comprehensive change management strategies to guide teams from current to future state, anticipating challenges and recommending solutions for complex problems.
- 8+ years of progressive related work experience with demonstrated proficiency in all functional areas of HR
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience; Master’s degree / SHRM/HRCI certification preferred
- Excellent strategic thinking skills and the ability to leverage past learnings to anticipate potential issues and the ripple effect of decisions, determine reasonable solutions to problems, and build flexible and realistic action plans to drive improvement
- Demonstrate a focus on continuous learning and an ability to effectively teach, coach, facilitate, build relationships, inspires and influence others in order to motivate and gain appropriate buy-in to drive results
- Ability to be an agent of change to influence teams to shift quickly as our business evolves
- Ability to take initiative, work on multiple projects simultaneously, prioritize as needed, and act with urgency, agility, efficiency, and effectiveness
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate with multiple cross functional channels
- Proficient with Google platform and Microsoft Office Suite
- Good reading, written and verbal language skills (English)
The job description and other aspects of the job listed on this job posting should not be construed to contain every function/responsibility that may be required to be performed by an associate in this job. Associates are required to perform other related functions as assigned.
Euromarket Designs, Inc., which does business as Crate and Barrel and CB2, will be referred to as “the Company”. The Company is deeply committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact the location you are applying to here and ask to speak with a manager regarding the nature of your request.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the US.
Get To Know Our Team.
Get to know us and find out why you should become part of our team.Meet Our Associates
Don’t See Anything of Interest?
Join our Talent Community to stay in the loop with our job news and opportunities.Sign Up (Opens in New Window)