Director, Sourcing - HardlinesApply Location: Northbrook, Illinois
With over 130 store and warehouse locations and more than 7,500 associates across the U.S. and Canada, Crate and Barrel is a dynamic and growing multi-channel furniture and housewares retailer. So we can continue to help others love how they live in moments that matter, the iconic brand is looking for a driven and passionate professional to raise the bar and join our Sourcing department as a Director, Sourcing - Hardlines located in our Northbrook, IL corporate office.���
The Director of Sourcing will lead a team responsible for execution and of sourcing strategies of Crate&Barrel brands. This role will oversee category level sourcing with a specific product line. The Director will work closely to cultivate cross-functional and vendor relationships to optimize cost strategy and vendor performance.
- Leads development and execution of category level sourcing strategies for Crate brands.
- Initiate, implement and manage all sourcing and business strategy projects with a hands-on approach and exceptional attention to detail and follow-through.
- Collaborate with VP to build roadmap for sourcing strategy implementation which will drive vendor execution and market strategies:
- Vendor allocation optimization and risk mitigation
- Cost containment and reductions
- Evaluate and report vendor performance management and development.
- Work with cross-functional partners to align on quality standards.
- Responsible for team’s execution of quality and on-time tracking, corrective action execution and achieving annual targets set by sourcing leadership.
- Responsible for identifying and tracking vendor capabilities, including:
- Innovation in design and production (materials and techniques)
- Value – Cost and quality
- Accountable for meeting department-level IMU targets and annual cost savings targets.
- Accountable for all department-level vendor issues that ultimately impact vendors ability to ship on-time and to company’s quality standards.
- Accountable for all department-level vendor issues that ultimately impact the company's ability to get the right product to the right customer-facing channel on time.
- Execute CSR strategy and ensure annual targets are on track for hitting.
- Minimum of 8 years in a Sourcing or Product Development Roles
- Minimum of 5 years in management role in Hardlines sourcing
- Minimum 5 years of managing domestic and overseas vendor relationship, including associated performance targets
- Advanced understanding of manufacturing processes for assigned categories
- College Degree required
- Excellent written language skills (English), multi-cultural awareness and respect, basic arithmetic, interpersonal skills, telephone presence, data entry skills
- Ability to manage and direct a team across multiple product categories and lead cross-functional sourcing initiatives
- Ability to manage a timing and action calendar
- Advanced level knowledge of sourcing capabilities by country / region
- Advanced level understanding of manufacturing processes for assigned categories
- Effective email communication with overseas vendors and agents
- Good reading, written and verbal language skills (English)
The job description and other aspects of the job listed on this job posting should not be construed to contain every function/responsibility that may be required to be performed by an associate in this job. Associates are required to perform other related functions as assigned.
Euromarket Designs, Inc., which does business as Crate and Barrel and CB2, will be referred to as “the Company”. The Company is deeply committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact the location you are applying to here and ask to speak with a manager regarding the nature of your request.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
The Company participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the US.
State / City Compliance: The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal history, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Get To Know Our Team.
Get to know us and find out why you should become part of our team.Meet Our Associates
Don’t See Anything of Interest?
Join our Talent Community to stay in the loop with our job news and opportunities.Sign Up (Opens in New Window)