Director, Technology - Distribution Center Operations & SupportApply Location: Northbrook, Illinois
We inspire purpose-filled living that brings joy to the modern home. With a team of more than 8,000 associates spanning 130 store and distribution locations across the U.S. and Canada, we achieve together, drive results and innovate to inspire. Drawn together by a shared passion for our customers and a spirit of fun, we deliver high-quality home furnishings that are expertly designed, responsibly sourced and bring beauty and function to people’s homes. From the day we opened our first store in Chicago in 1962 to the digital innovations that engage millions of customers today, our iconic brand is nearly 60 years in the making—and our story is still unfolding.
We’re here for it. We think you should be too. We’re looking for a driven professional with an inclusive mindset to join our team as a Director, Technology (Distribution Center Operations & Support)...
The DC Technology Operations & Support team acts as the first point of contact for all technology operations needs across all the Distribution Center & Logistics facilities of the organization. This team provides initial levels of technical support for associates and systems with an aim to own and resolve issues with minimal touch time and handoff. This team will be the key liaison for all onsite technology needs - partnering with the appropriate Crate and external vendor support teams. This team is responsible for ensuring appropriate management, visibility, and processes are in place to lead to efficient closure of technical problems that arise at the DCs & other logistics centers.
The Director, DC Technology Operations & Support will build and lead the technology that provides level 2 technology support for all the technology applications powering the DC. This team will be a geographically distributed team with some presence in the individual DCs as well as a centralized support team. This role will be based out of our Romeoville, IL Distribution Center facility and will require up to 25% travel as needed to other logistics facilities.
What You'll Do...
- Build and manage a team DC technology support talent.
- Partner with the Technology Operations team to define SLA’s for the DCs.
- Ensure appropriate staffing to monitor/run operations and respond to end user needs within defined SLA’s.
- Serve as the single point of contact for all day-to-day run technology needs at the DCs and other logistics facilities.
- Partner & meet with key stakeholders across business & technology on a regular basis to provide incident reporting, trend analysis, and continuous improvement activities.
- Seek out and drive automation opportunities to enable the end user for self service and to reduce ticket volume and resolution times
- Manage and drive improvements in productivity, quality and cost across site-level support teams.
- Manage vendor support relationships for all onsite software & technology products.
- Ensure DCs adopt and follow the incident, problem, and change management processes as we evolve and mature technology processes across the organization.
- Serve as the key onsite (DC & cross-docks) technology liaison team leader for install and support activities.
What You'll Bring...
- This role will be based out of our Romeoville, IL Distribution Center facility and will require up to 25% travel as needed to other logistics facilities
- Degreed professional (Computer Science, Information Technology or related degree) with at least 10 years of relevant experience
- A minimum of 7 years of progressive experience managing technology field support & operations teams in a medium to large size business (retail experience a plus)
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills and the ability to work productively with senior leadership, technology partners, and non-technical stakeholders
- Strong experience with ITIL or formal operations management practices
- Strong experience holding 3rd party vendors accountable to resolve issues
- Excellent leader of field technology support teams
- Familiarity of Distribution Center technologies - Warehouse Management Systems, Warehouse Execution Systems, Warehouse Automation,etc
- Strong communicator and effective in conveying messages to stakeholders including senior leadership
- Strong familiarity with operational metrics and reporting
- Demonstrated ability to attract and retain a successful talent pool
- Aligning with core values, we are looking for someone who:
- Develops strong partnerships across our organization
- Brings a positive, service-oriented approach to work
- Is driven by creating unique and efficient solutions for business challenges
- Is passionate about technology and has demonstrated ability in delivering value through technology
- Effective interpersonal skills, ability to influence others, drive new initiatives and new way of thinking in the organization
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (English)
Our commitment to our associates is of the utmost importance. One of the reasons the company attracts such a dynamic group of associates is that we offer a full menu of benefits that are relevant to their lives, both on and off the job. Many of these benefits begin on day one, and extend to eligible dependents. To learn more about available benefits please click https://jobs.crateandbarrel.com/benefits.
Euromarket Designs, Inc., which does business as Crate and Barrel and CB2, will be referred to as “the Company”. The Company is deeply committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact the location you are applying to here and ask to speak with a manager regarding the nature of your request.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
The Company participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the US.
State / City Compliance: The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal history, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Get To Know Our Team.
Get to know us and find out why you should become part of our team.