EditorApply Location: Northbrook, Illinois
With over 130 store and warehouse locations and more than 7,500 associates across the U.S. and Canada, Crate and Barrel is a dynamic and growing multi-channel furniture and housewares retailer. So we can continue to help others love how they live in moments that matter, the iconic brand is looking for a driven and passionate professional to raise the bar and join our Creative Content department as a Editor, located in our Northbrook, IL corporate office.
The Editor will copyedit, proofread and fact-check creative content for all print and digital channels of the Crate and Barrel brand: direct marketing, stores, eCommerce and emails. This position is responsible for ensuring consistent and accurate editorial style, meeting multiple deadlines, collaborating with numerous teams, innovating workflow efficiencies and taking a customer-first approach to all assignments. Key attributes include a strong attention to detail, effective communication skills and top-notch multitasking abilities.
- Provide a high level of accuracy and consistency through copyediting, proofreading and fact-checking assignments.
- Manage key editorial functions of multiple projects (large and small) with different deadlines, seeing them through the production process, managing schedules efficiently, communicating effectively, and executing editorial standards. Projects include catalogs, store signs, direct marketing mailers, media previews, promotional offers and emails.
- Collaborate with different teams, including Content Writers, Design, Production, Merchandising, Marketing and Legal, to ensure accuracy and editorial consistency in all assignments.
- Work closely with Editorial, Production, Project and Asset Management, and Design teams to innovate, improve and maintain process efficiencies.
- Assist with Editorial resource documents.
- Think globally about how company/department initiatives impact all channels, from catalog and stores to email and eCommerce.
- Participate in team and department meetings to brainstorm ideas, determine scheduling, improve process/workflow, etc.
- Ensure all assignments meet the objectives of our marketing briefs and brand vision.
- Please include a link to work samples on your resume
- 7+ years experience in journalism, marketing, advertising or related field
- Excellent grammar, spelling and written language skills. Keen eye for detail and consistency
- Experience in AP style and an in-house style guide
- Strong background with coordinating large projects and experience with a corporate approval process. Experience with legal terms and conditions a plus
- Excellent time-management skills
- Experience with Mac-based InDesign, InCopy, Creative Cloud, Google Docs and Google Sheets. Experience with a project management system (i.e., Workfront) a plus
- Ability to execute all editorial tasks with an eye for detail and consistency, as well as demonstrate strong organizational and multitasking skills. This includes meeting deadlines, developing and copyediting catalog product copy, fact-checking and proofreading, checking style formatting, trafficking key projects for stakeholder approval, and creating and maintaining consistent terms and conditions for promotional offers
- Mastery of AP and ability to execute in-house Crate Style
- Demonstrated active listening skills
- Good judgment and sound decision-making skills, taking in all angles and factors
- Approach every task with enthusiasm and engage team members and collaborators with a positive attitude
- Maintain a high level of integrity and trustworthiness as part of the Editorial team
- Good reading, written, and verbal language skills (English)
The job description and other aspects of the job listed on this job posting should not be construed to contain every function/responsibility that may be required to be performed by an associate in this job. Associates are required to perform other related functions as assigned.
Euromarket Designs, Inc., which does business as Crate and Barrel and CB2, will be referred to as “the Company”. The Company is deeply committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact the location you are applying to here and ask to speak with a manager regarding the nature of your request.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
The Company participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the US.
State / City Compliance: The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal history, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Get To Know Our Team.
Get to know us and find out why you should become part of our team.Meet Our Associates
Don’t See Anything of Interest?
Join our Talent Community to stay in the loop with our job news and opportunities.Sign Up (Opens in New Window)