Finance ManagerApply Location: Northbrook, Illinois
With over 130 store and warehouse locations and more than 7,500 associates across the U.S. and Canada, Crate and Barrel is a dynamic and growing multi-channel furniture and housewares retailer. So we can continue to help others love how they live in moments that matter, the iconic brand is looking for a driven and passionate professional to raise the bar and join our Finance department as The Finance Manager, Brand Finance, located in our Northbrook, IL corporate office.
The Finance Manager manages financial analysis of Crate & Barrel brand by working with cross functional departments/teams. This role works collaboratively with stakeholders in order to achieve business targets/strategies, and maximizes company sales growth and profitability by managing financial forecasts, annual budgeting, variance analysis and special projects.
What you'll do...
- Serve as a key business partner for the Merchandise, Marketing and Inventory Planning teams on finance related questions
- Prepare top line forecasts, annual budget, three-year plan for Crate and Barrel Retail Stores across various lines of business
- Perform post mortem analysis of Merchandise promotional vehicles in order to inform and recommend pivots to promotional strategies in order to drive business growth
- Generate weekly sales reporting for Corporate FP&A highlighting business drivers along with risks and opportunities
- Manage cost center reporting, forecasting, budgeting and analyses so that stakeholders expenditures do not exceed budget
- ROI analysis of marketing programs to drive considerate investments in marketing spending
- Ad hoc projects as needed supporting Merchandise and Marketing
What you'll bring...
- A minimum of 7 years previous experience in financial planning and analysis or other analytic finance role
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance; MBA /CPA/CFA preferred
- Excellent Excel and financial modeling skills, knowledge of Hyperion is a plus
- Excellent communication skills and ability to present financials and financial analysis to financial and non-financial executives
- Ability to analyze business problems, summarize results and present recommendations to cross functional teams
- Ability to work with different functional areas to synthesize information necessary for budgets, forecasts and business analysis
- Excellent problem solving skills, organizational skills, detail-oriented, excellent interpersonal and leadership skills, strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel and financial modeling
Our commitment to our associates is of the utmost importance. One of the reasons the company attracts such a dynamic group of associates is that we offer a full menu of benefits that are relevant to their lives, both on and off the job. Many of these benefits begin on day one, and extend to eligible dependents. To learn more about available benefits please click https://jobs.crateandbarrel.com/benefits.
Euromarket Designs, Inc., which does business as Crate and Barrel and CB2, will be referred to as “the Company”. The Company is deeply committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact the location you are applying to here and ask to speak with a manager regarding the nature of your request.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
The Company participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the US.
State / City Compliance: The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal history, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Get To Know Our Team.
Get to know us and find out why you should become part of our team.Meet Our Associates
Don’t See Anything of Interest?
Join our Talent Community to stay in the loop with our job news and opportunities.Sign Up (Opens in New Window)