Front End Developer
With over 130 store and warehouse locations and more than 7,500 associates across the U.S. and Canada, Crate and Barrel is a dynamic and growing multi-channel furniture and housewares retailer. So we can continue to help others love how they live in moments that matter, the iconic brand is looking for a driven and passionate professional to raise the bar and join our Technology department as a Front End Developer, located in our Northbrook, IL corporate office.
- Design, develop, and implement solutions using HTML, CSS, and scripting languages as your tools.
- Work with Design, Product teams, QA, Analytics and stakeholders to understand and communicate progress.
- Conceive and build responsive and adaptive solutions.
- Work on an Agile team to estimate, develop, test, deploy, and maintain, while collaborating with team members on eCom roadmap and backlog, sprint planning, execution, review, and retrospective.
- Participate in technical design meetings with other developers and assist in defining the front end architecture, code reviews, and unit testing.
- Adhere to pattern-libraries, style guides, site documentation, SDLC.
- Work with product management and marketing to develop personalized experiences by developing dynamic content areas.
- Collaborate with product management and marketing on developing presentations, communicating strategies and performance with other teams across the organization.
- Manage coding schedule and asset delivery timelines.
- Be an active contributor to code development best practices.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in development and hand-coding HTML, CSS and scripting languages
- Experience with Git (Bitbucket, GitHub)
- Understanding of asset bundlers like Webpack or Gulp
- Experience with CSS Preprocessors like SASS or LESS
- Use of CSS frameworks such as Bootstrap or Foundation
- Experience testing and troubleshooting in multiple browsers or email clients with a strong sense of web design and user experience fundamentals
- Agile experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Graphic Design, or Visual Communication desired or relatable experience
- Ability to build responsive, cross-browser, highly-performant, and accessibility compliant solutions
- Knowledge using script framework (e.g. ReactJS, AngularJS, Node.js, AmpScript)
- Excellent project and time management skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and strong communication skills
- Team player with demonstrated ability to work effectively with multiple cross-functional groups
- Strong and effective communication
- Good reading, written and verbal language skills (English)
The job description and other aspects of the job listed on this job posting should not be construed to contain every function/responsibility that may be required to be performed by an associate in this job. Associates are required to perform other related functions as assigned.
Euromarket Designs, Inc., which does business as Crate and Barrel and CB2, will be referred to as “the Company”. The Company is deeply committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact the location you are applying to here and ask to speak with a manager regarding the nature of your request.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
The Company participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the US.
State / City Compliance: The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal history, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Get To Know Our Team.
Get to know us and find out why you should become part of our team.Meet Our Associates
Don’t See Anything of Interest?
Join our Talent Community to stay in the loop with our job news and opportunities.Sign Up (Opens in New Window)