Global Logistics SpecialistApply Location: Northbrook, Illinois
Coordinate the daily Global Logistics Operations between multiple partners, both internal and external (International and Domestic), while managing cost and driving company sales growth and profitability.
- Manage and audit third party vendor invoices through third party bill payment systems.
- Create and maintain third party vendor invoices in a repository to make sure all invoices are accounted for paid.
- To act as a liaison between vendors, Merchandising Teams, DC Operations and Transportation Partners for the execution of global shipping
- Managing importation of goods by working with and managing our 3PL’s, ocean carriers and Dray Partners
- Work with our classification and compliance teams to ensure efficient and compliant operations for the company
- Coordinate import and export related tasks in compliance with US Customs laws and regulations and Crate and Barrel’s operational guidelines
- To be the project lead for various initiatives within the team, as directed by Transportation Leadership
- To be a subject matter expert (SME) in various Global Transportation functions including but not limited too; Training, departmental resource
- Support the company’s mission and goals, including applicable Global Transportation key performance indicators (KPI’s)
- Support all efforts and initiatives across all business channels implemented by the company
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in Global Logistics (import/export operations)
- Excellent reading and writing language skills
- Good math and data entry skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Google platforms
- Infor Nexus (GT Nexus) experience a plus
- Possess a strong understanding and knowledge of the various modes of transportation and global logistics terminology
- Possess a strong analytical background with a strong emphasis around data driven reporting
- Communicate effectively and clearly, both verbally and written, to different departments within Crate and Barrel as well as all of our international vendors and logistics partners
- Having a sense of urgency and being able to multi-task and organize workload based on priorities around day to day operations and during peak season
- To be able to support the Global Logistics team in various roles when needed and promote a strong sense of teamwork
- Must be able to work both independently and as part of a team while accomplishing department and company initiatives and goals
The job description and other aspects of the job listed on this job posting should not be construed to contain every function/responsibility that may be required to be performed by an associate in this job. Associates are required to perform other related functions as assigned.
Our commitment to our associates is of the utmost importance. One of the reasons the company attracts such a dynamic group of associates is that we offer a full menu of benefits that are relevant to their lives, both on and off the job. Many of these benefits begin on day one, and extend to eligible dependents. To learn more about available benefits please click https://jobs.crateandbarrel.com/benefits.
Euromarket Designs, Inc., which does business as Crate and Barrel and CB2, will be referred to as “the Company”. The Company is deeply committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact the location you are applying to here and ask to speak with a manager regarding the nature of your request.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
The Company participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the US.
State / City Compliance: The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal history, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Get To Know Our Team.
Get to know us and find out why you should become part of our team.Meet Our Associates
Don’t See Anything of Interest?
Join our Talent Community to stay in the loop with our job news and opportunities.Sign Up (Opens in New Window)