Sr. Systems Engineer (IBMi Architect)Apply Location: Northbrook, Illinois
With over 130 store and warehouse locations and more than 7,500 associates across the U.S. and Canada, Crate and Barrel is a dynamic and growing multi-channel furniture and housewares retailer. So we can continue to help others love how they live in moments that matter, the iconic brand is looking for a driven and passionate professional to raise the bar and join our Technology department as a IBMi Architect in our Northbrook, IL corporate office.
The IBMi Architect is a combination of infrastructure, administration, engineering and architecture who will be responsible for building, configuring and deploying critical infrastructure used across the organization.
- Responsible for providing 24x7 operational support along with executing infrastructure related projects.
- Partner with technical administrators, application developers, and other technical peers to create robust, scalable infrastructure solutions.
- Lead, coordinate and execute projects associated with the installation, configuration and deployment of compute, storage, and virtualization technologies.
- Provide operational and project status reports.
- Lead, contribute and support disaster recovery activities and strategy.
- Perform patch management activities for critical infrastructure.
- Script and automate routine tasks.
- Lead or participate in annual business audits and provide all related documentation to appropriate team(s).
- Lead or participate in the evaluation of new infrastructure technologies and techniques.
- Recommend optimizations to the environment which improve delivery and performance for end users and customers.
- Establish standard operating procedures for building and deploying infrastructure.
- Resolve incidents and work orders escalated from the Service Desk.
- Provide technical training to Service Desk, Operations, and relevant parties.
- Serve as after hours, weekend and holiday support, as necessary.
- Maintain and support infrastructure at remote locations, as appropriate.
- Write and present information and documentation effectively, to a broad range of audiences.
- Collaborate with technical peers across a highly dispersed work environment.
- Maintain awareness of industry best practices and partner with leadership to ensure these are applied appropriately.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field
- 8+ Years Systems Engineering experience in an IBM Power multi-o/s environment
- Strong experience with a mix of server, storage, and virtualization technologies (IBM Power 9, Cisco Fiber channel zoning, IBM SVC and
- Storwize provisioning, EMC Unity, NPIV, HMC, VIOS)
- Strong working knowledge and hands-on experience integrating multi-o/s operating environments, including IBM i, AIX and Linux
- Strong working knowledge of server, storage and virualization technologies
- Strong understanding of core system administration concepts (e.g., patch management, OS layout and integrity, security, hardening and service management, backup, restore, monitoring and maintenance)
- Strong experience with o/s workload and storage performance analysis tools (Performance Navigator, iDoctor, nMON, Stor2RRD)
- Demonstrated ability to proactively implement performance tuning while collaborating across application teams to drive optimization and operating efficiencies
- Strong experience managing multi-tenant workload environments and practical ability to design and administer system work management resources
- Strong experience with integration and management of host replication technologies (FSRM, FSFC, VMRM)
- Practical experience implementing and managing dynamic scale-up capacity (Elastic CoD, Utility CoD)
- Demonstrated ability to effectively and proactively perform firmware updates (frame, storage and peripherals)
- Practical knowledge and experience with programming facilities and concepts (RPG, ILE, CL) in a heavily proprietary application environment
- Practical knowledge and experience with enterprise databases (Oracle, DB2), with focus upon resilience and optimization facilities and concepts, including DataGuard, RMAN, VPC
- Strong multi-tasking skills and ability to manage multiple issues at once
- Strong attention to detail and interpersonal skills
- Good reading, written and verbal language skills (English)
The job description and other aspects of the job listed on this job posting should not be construed to contain every function/responsibility that may be required to be performed by an associate in this job. Associates are required to perform other related functions as assigned.
Euromarket Designs, Inc., which does business as Crate and Barrel and CB2, will be referred to as “the Company”. The Company is deeply committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact the location you are applying to here and ask to speak with a manager regarding the nature of your request.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
The Company participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the US.
State / City Compliance: The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal history, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Get To Know Our Team.
Get to know us and find out why you should become part of our team.Meet Our Associates
Don’t See Anything of Interest?
Join our Talent Community to stay in the loop with our job news and opportunities.Sign Up (Opens in New Window)