Intern - eCommerce CGI ArtistApply Location: Northbrook, Illinois
With over 130 store and warehouse locations and more than 7,500 associates across the U.S. and Canada, Crate and Barrel is a dynamic and growing multi-channel furniture and housewares retailer. So we can continue to help others love how they live in moments that matter, the iconic brand is looking for a driven and passionate professional to raise the bar and join our eCommerce department as a Intern, eCommerce CGI Artist, located in our Northbrook, IL corporate office.
The CGI Artist Intern will assist in the creation and management of 3D models and CGI (computer-generated imagery) assets for eCommerce.
- Assist with 3D scene setup in Autodesk 3dsMax for rendering tests: Collect necessary 3D assets, shaders and textures into a scene file for Senior CGI Artists.
- Post-production image editing, retouching and cropping in Photoshop.
- Assist in maintaining our CGI texture library.
- Assemble and test shaders using new material scans provided by vendor(s).
- Place textures maps in the appropriate folder, link the maps to a Vray shader, and enter tiling information.
- Create test renders of scanned materials onto shader balls or template models.
- Assemble VRscene Zip packages for moving shaders and scenes into a content-management system.
- Assist with in-house product modeling and texturing as needed.
- Organize and archive final model files and scenes on internal servers.
- Provide feedback from technical quality reviews for 3D models and other assets provided by third-party vendors.
- Proficiency with Autodesk 3dsMax (modeling, lighting, UV unwrapping, texture mapping) or similar 3D modeling software
- Familiarity creating material/texture shaders (3ds Max, Substance and/or Photoshop)
- Familiarity with the V-Ray rendering engine
- Knowledge of archiving, transferring and navigating cloud-based folders, files and directories (.zip archiving, FTP, Google Drive)
- Familiarity with 3D modeling, 3D scene set (lights, cameras) and texturing processes for photorealistic rendering
- Ability to check digital scans of materials for color and textural accuracy based on physical product samples
- Familiarity with 3D modeling and texturing for Augmented Reality assets
- Attention to detail: Checking and correcting assets and files for geometric accuracy and consistency of files based on standards and guidelines)
- Communication and collaboration in a team production-oriented workflow
- Eager to learn and take direction as we develop standard tools, processes and technology
- Good reading, written and verbal language skills (English)
The job description and other aspects of the job listed on this job posting should not be construed to contain every function/responsibility that may be required to be performed by an associate in this job. Associates are required to perform other related functions as assigned.
Euromarket Designs, Inc., which does business as Crate and Barrel and CB2, will be referred to as “the Company”. The Company is deeply committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact the location you are applying to here and ask to speak with a manager regarding the nature of your request.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
The Company participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the US.
State / City Compliance: The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal history, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Get To Know Our Team.
Get to know us and find out why you should become part of our team.Meet Our Associates
Don’t See Anything of Interest?
Join our Talent Community to stay in the loop with our job news and opportunities.Sign Up (Opens in New Window)