Intern, eCommerce Front End DeveloperApply Location: Northbrook, Illinois
With over 130 store and warehouse locations and more than 7,500 associates across the U.S. and Canada, Crate and Barrel is a dynamic and growing multi-channel furniture and housewares retailer. So we can continue to help others love how they live in moments that matter, the iconic brand is looking for a driven and passionate professional to raise the bar and join our eCommerce department as an Intern, eCommerce Front End Developer located in our Northbrook, IL corporate office.
- Convert visual designs to working user interfaces using HTML and CSS.
- Update, maintain and insure brand team’s adherence to best practices in code structure, performance, and web accessibility.
- Execute site content through the Content Management System.
- Create landing pages for site content, email, digital media.
- Possess a complete understanding of the purpose, vision and business plan of the eCommerce department.
- Maintain an awareness of competitive information and key industry trends to provide context for our company websites performance.
- Create, maintain and optimize profiles for local search and social media.
- Identify opportunities and make recommendations to improve search engine rankings based on keyword ranking tool recommendations.
- Communicate results of SEO optimizations to various levels, including the management team, to encourage business decisions based on data.
- Collaborate with site merchants to prioritize search engine optimization for products, promotions and new site content.
- Internship is for immediate hire (not a summer internship). Length of internship is up to 6 months in duration
- 1+ year building websites using HTML and CSS
- Knowledge of HTML5 and CSS3 best practices
- Experience with text editors like Sublime or Atom
- Able to creatively problem solve, meet deadlines, and ensure timely yet flawless execution while maintaining high levels of quality
- High comfort level in a highly collaborative, fast moving and creative environment and ability to adapt to rapidly changing work environment and deadlines
- Must be detail oriented and a strong multi-tasker in equal measure
- Good reading, written and verbal language skills (English)
The job description and other aspects of the job listed on this job posting should not be construed to contain every function/responsibility that may be required to be performed by an associate in this job. Associates are required to perform other related functions as assigned.
Euromarket Designs, Inc., which does business as Crate and Barrel and CB2, will be referred to as “the Company”. The Company is deeply committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact the location you are applying to here and ask to speak with a manager regarding the nature of your request.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the US.
Get To Know Our Team.
Get to know us and find out why you should become part of our team.Meet Our Associates
Don’t See Anything of Interest?
Join our Talent Community to stay in the loop with our job news and opportunities.Sign Up (Opens in New Window)