Intern, eCommerce - SEO Marketing CopywriterApply Location: Northbrook, Illinois
With over 130 store and warehouse locations and more than 7,500 associates across the U.S. and Canada, Crate and Barrel is a dynamic and growing multi-channel furniture and housewares retailer. So we can continue to help others love how they live in moments that matter, the iconic brand is looking for a driven and passionate professional to raise the bar and join our e-Commerce department as an Intern, e-Commerce-SEO Marketing Copywriter, located in our Northbrook, IL corporate office.
Support the SEO team by helping to create and upload optimized content, maintain local citations and resolve technical issues for the pages on the websites. Maximize organic traffic and rankings with search engine optimization techniques such as keyword research, copywriting and 301 redirects.
- Write and edit highly-polished, clear, concise and grammatically correct copy that is consistent with brand voice, SEO best practices and commonly-used style guides.
- Use keyword research tools to identify and research key traffic and revenue driving terms from which to write and optimize website copy, meta data and inter-linking strategies.
- Create, maintain and optimize profiles for local search.
- Identify new targeting opportunities and make recommendations to improve search engine visibility based on competitive and on-page analysis.
- Collaborate with site merchants to optimize products, promotions and new site content.
- Collaborate with the marketing, brand, social teams to optimize the content hub and plan and develop articles from conception to publication.
- Assist with technical SEO improvements such as URL removal requests, 404 errors, 301 redirects, redirect chains, image alt attributes and link clean-up.
- Previous experience in SEO or copywriting preferred
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) and Google platform
- Working knowledge of HTML
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, to encourage business decisions based on data and customer experience analysis.
- Strong project management skills - able to manage multiple projects and meet all necessary deadlines.
- Strong analytic skills and ability to learn new concepts and software applications quickly and efficiently
- Strong copywriting skills, able to write and edit content in AP style
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative cross-functional team environment that partners design with business stakeholders, IT and other designers
- Maintain an awareness of competitive information and key industry trends to provide context for the performance
- Good reading, written and verbal language skills (English)
The job description and other aspects of the job listed on this job posting should not be construed to contain every function/responsibility that may be required to be performed by an associate in this job. Associates are required to perform other related functions as assigned.
Euromarket Designs, Inc., which does business as Crate and Barrel and CB2, will be referred to as “the Company”. The Company is deeply committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact the location you are applying to here and ask to speak with a manager regarding the nature of your request.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
The Company participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the US.
State / City Compliance: The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal history, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Get To Know Our Team.
Get to know us and find out why you should become part of our team.Meet Our Associates
Don’t See Anything of Interest?
Join our Talent Community to stay in the loop with our job news and opportunities.Sign Up (Opens in New Window)