Intern - eCommerce Site Merchant AssistantApply Location: Northbrook, Illinois
With over 130 store and warehouse locations and more than 7,500 associates across the U.S. and Canada, Crate and Barrel is a dynamic and growing multi-channel furniture and housewares retailer. So we can continue to help others love how they live in moments that matter, the iconic brand is looking for a driven and passionate professional to raise the bar and join our eCommerce department as a Intern, Site Merchant Assistant, located in our Northbrook, IL corporate office.
Support the Site Merchandising team by helping to manage the life cycle of product pages on the websites. Maximize web sales with timely product launches and best-in class merchandising techniques.
- Move production process forward by partnering with merchant teams, photo studio, production and copywriters.
- Track launch readiness to ensure timelines are met and bring visibility to any roadblocks. Ensure on time product launches.
- Build sku data in multiple retailer proprietary systems including sku set up and maintenance of sku content including product families, marketing copy, marketing bullets, regulatory information, product images, videos and other assets.
- Establish and execute strategies within product categories bringing in both analytics and company events as key drivers
- Responsible for maintaining product integrity, content accuracy as well as taxonomy and categorization
- Create relationships between products to best showcase assortment and encourage cross-sells.
- Support strategic merchandising direction of website
- Maintain data integrity of online assortment
- Rapidly troubleshoot acute live site issues and resolve back end and customer facing issues related to site assets and item data.
- Strategize and execute new selling opportunities for product assortment and site features
- Regularly collaborate with Merchandising teams throughout the life cycle of skus to develop product expertise.
- Develop documentation of category best practices in merchandising style guide and accountability for site execution.
- Drive conversion and sales by ensuring product is showcased effectively on site.
- Position is for immediate hire. Must be local and able to work up to 32 hours a week for approximately 6 - 8 months. This is not a summer internship
- Schedule is Monday - Thursday
- Self motivated and strong communication skills
- Retail and/or eCommerce Merchandising experience preferred
- Ability to develop a strong working knowledge of related systems and dependencies (AS400, PIM, Digital Asset Management tools, QA environments)
- Google Suite (Gmail, GoogleDrive)
- Communicate effectively and efficiently with cross-functional partners
- Highly organized and exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to quickly learn new processes and systems
- Ability to adapt to a fast paced and collaborative environment
- Strong communication skills
- Customer-centric and resourceful mindset
- Good reading, written and verbal language skills (English)
The job description and other aspects of the job listed on this job posting should not be construed to contain every function/responsibility that may be required to be performed by an associate in this job. Associates are required to perform other related functions as assigned.
Euromarket Designs, Inc., which does business as Crate and Barrel and CB2, will be referred to as “the Company”. The Company is deeply committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact the location you are applying to here and ask to speak with a manager regarding the nature of your request.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
The Company participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the US.
State / City Compliance: The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal history, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Get To Know Our Team.
Get to know us and find out why you should become part of our team.Meet Our Associates
Don’t See Anything of Interest?
Join our Talent Community to stay in the loop with our job news and opportunities.Sign Up (Opens in New Window)