Lead Developer, API SolutionsApply Location: Northbrook, Illinois
With over 130 store and warehouse locations and more than 7,500 associates across the U.S. and Canada, Crate and Barrel is a dynamic and growing multi-channel furniture and housewares retailer. So we can continue to help others love how they live in moments that matter, the iconic brand is looking for a driven and passionate professional to raise the bar and join our Technology department as a Lead Developer, API Solutions, located in our Northbrook, IL corporate office.
The Lead Developer is responsible for guiding a team of developers to understand product requirements, developing the architecture and specifications for systems to support them. The Lead Developer will provide technical leadership to teammates through coaching and mentorship. This role will represent and guide our development team setting the pace, path, and standard for all programming activities. The lead developer also works with managers and peers to improve technical processes. This individual should be able to work with both custom and package software.
- Participate with business partners in the definition of their requirements.
- Participate in a lead role building 2 or 3 new and enhancing and refactoring existing services.
- Potentially leading and coaching another developer in that work.
- Prove it's functionally correct with automated testing and verification.
- Prove they are secure, scalable and reliable with measurement, monitoring and load testing.
- Prove they are flexible and maintainable by making changes and enhancements efficiently and predictably.
- Provide excellent customer service to users of Crate and Barrel services.
- College degree in an applicable field of study or comparable experience
- 8+ years of software application development experience
- The ability to develop a complete service solution using .NET Core or similar technology Preferably that service solution would be deployed on a public cloud using cloud-based technologies like Docker, Kubernetes, etc. using a CI/CD pipeline in cooperation with a DevOps team
- The ability to enhance and/or refactor an existing service solution using .NET Core or similar technology
- The ability to lead a small team of developers in building a complete service solution
- The ability to define and communicate the requirements for such a solution before it is built
- Ability to create estimates for software development effort for such a solution based on requirements and to develop a work plan for a small team
- Good reading, written and verbal language skills (English)
The job description and other aspects of the job listed on this job posting should not be construed to contain every function/responsibility that may be required to be performed by an associate in this job. Associates are required to perform other related functions as assigned.
Euromarket Designs, Inc., which does business as Crate and Barrel and CB2, will be referred to as “the Company”. The Company is deeply committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact the location you are applying to here and ask to speak with a manager regarding the nature of your request.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
The Company participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the US.
State / City Compliance: The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal history, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Get To Know Our Team.
Get to know us and find out why you should become part of our team.Meet Our Associates
Don’t See Anything of Interest?
Join our Talent Community to stay in the loop with our job news and opportunities.Sign Up (Opens in New Window)