Lead Developer, API (Warehouse & Logistics)Location: Northbrook, Illinois
We inspire purpose-filled living that brings joy to the modern home. With a team of more than 8,000 associates spanning 130 store and distribution locations across the U.S. and Canada, we achieve together, drive results and innovate to inspire. Drawn together by a shared passion for our customers and a spirit of fun, we deliver high-quality home furnishings that are expertly designed, responsibly sourced and bring beauty and function to people’s homes. From the day we opened our first store in Chicago in 1962 to the digital innovations that engage millions of customers today, our iconic brand is over 60 years in the making—and our story is still unfolding.
We’re here for it. We think you should be too. We’re looking for a driven professional with an inclusive mindset to join our team as a Lead Developer (Warehouse & Logistics).
As a Lead Developer on our WMS team you will deliver RESTful API solutions for our rapidly evolving products. You will develop solutions built for sustainability and performance, and will improve the architecture to handle our growing number of API-based applications. You will collaborate closely with product managers, testers and other developers to design, test, code, deliver and support software within an Agile Scrum environment via an architecture built on a cloud infrastructure. Our APIs support the applications that provide the online shopping experience for Crate and Barrel and CB2 customers.
This position is fully Remote.
A day in the life as a Lead Developer…
- Designing, developing and maintaining scalable RESTful APIs for middleware and partner applications using GO programming language (Golang), C#, node.js, bash/shell script, Python, JSON/XML data formats
- Implementing industry best practices for API security, policies and versioning strategy.
- Preparing and planning test environments, execute system tests, and assist with execution of user acceptance tests
- Performing capacity and performance testing of APIs
- Creating and/or modifying documentation for programs, process flow, test scripts or other software application needs, with the supervision and technical direction of the API development team lead
- Performing software applications programming, unit tests, string tests and write user documentation
- Developing detail design, technical design and unit test plan; functional program design; and technical program design, as needed
What you’ll bring to the table…
- Experience in Golang
- Experience in Object Oriented Programming experience (Java or Ruby or C#)
- Experience and understanding of various databases (SQL, NoSQL)
- Experience with using API Gateway and its features
- Experience in modern API technologies and API authentication, throttling, and rate limiting
- Experience in scripting using bash/Shell/Python
- Experience in Linux and Windows operating systems
- Experience in test driven design and domain driven design
- Experience in version control tools such as Git, SVN, Bitbucket
- Experience in working in Agile methodologies (scrum or kanban)
- Experience in Continuous Integration/Delivery technologies and tools set (Jenkins, Bamboo, Concourse, Travis)
- Ability to interface with legacy host systems like the I-Series
We’d love to hear from you if you have…
- 8+ years of experience in Software and systems development role
- Minimum 3 year of experience in RESTful API development and management
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or comparable work experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Our commitment to our associates is of the utmost importance. One of the reasons the company attracts such a diverse group of associates is that we offer a full menu of benefits that are relevant to their lives, both on and off the job. We are proud to offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package to support eligible part time and full time associates and their families, including:
- Life insurance and Disability
- Retirement and 401(k) match
- Paid time off, wellness time and volunteer time
- Merchandise discount and EAP resources
- Tuition Reimbursement
Many of these benefits begin on day one, and extend to eligible dependents. To learn more about available benefits please click https://jobs.crateandbarrel.com/benefits
Euromarket Designs, Inc., which does business as Crate and Barrel and CB2, will be referred to as “the Company”. The Company is deeply committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact the location you are applying to here and ask to speak with a manager regarding the nature of your request.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
The Company participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the US.
State / City Compliance: The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal history, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Job Applicant Privacy: For details about how the Company collects and uses your personal information, please see our Job Applicant Privacy & Communications Notice.
Don’t See Anything of Interest?
Join our Talent Community to stay in the loop with our job news and opportunities.Sign Up (Opens in New Window)
Get To Know Our Team.
Get to know us and find out why you should become part of our team.