Lead Developer (Blue Yonder / JDA)Location: Northbrook, Illinois
We inspire purpose-filled living that brings joy to the modern home. With a team of more than 8,000 associates spanning 130 store and distribution locations across the U.S. and Canada, we achieve together, drive results and innovate to inspire. Drawn together by a shared passion for our customers and a spirit of fun, we deliver high-quality home furnishings that are expertly designed, responsibly sourced and bring beauty and function to people’s homes. From the day we opened our first store in Chicago in 1962 to the digital innovations that engage millions of customers today, our iconic brand is over 60 years in the making—and our story is still unfolding.
We’re here for it. We think you should be too. We’re looking for a driven professional with an inclusive mindset to join our team as a Lead Developer.
The Lead Developer is responsible for guiding a team of developers to understand product requirements, developing the architecture and specifications for systems to support them. The Lead Developer will provide technical leadership to teammates through coaching and mentorship. This role will represent and guide our development team setting the pace, path, and standard for all programming activities. The Lead Developer also will work closely with managers and peers to improve technical processes. This individual should be able to work with both custom and package software.
This position is Remote, with roughly 25% travel.
A day in the life as a Lead Developer…
- Designing, developing, testing and debugging solutions for WMS / WLM instances
- Acting as the technical lead for any WMS rollout projects
- Collaborating with all key functions within IT (e.g., Infrastructure, Integrations, PMO, Security) and the business to ensure cohesive solutions and coordinated deployments
- Optimizing and maintaining the JDA platform (patches, upgrades, archive job maintenance)
- Developing a team work plan/ staff assignments
- Participating with the business in discovery sessions and helping to clarify the business problems and opportunities
- Documenting and communicating all technical aspects of design
What you’ll bring to the table…
- Experience with:
- Data Modeling Concepts
- Web Technologies
- Web APIs/ Web Services
- SQL Server
- Agile Project methodologies
- Virtualization Technologies
We’d love to hear from you if you have…
- 8+ years of hands-on programming and configuration experience with the Blue Yonder platform (Warehouse Management and Labor Management)
- Hands-on developer experience with JDA Integrator, MOCA, Page Builder, Jasper Reports and NiceLabel
- 8+ years overall IT experience in a technical role as a developer or engineer
- Hands-on experience with WMS hardware (e.g., label printers, scanners, Vocollect)
Our commitment to our associates is of the utmost importance. One of the reasons the company attracts such a diverse group of associates is that we offer a full menu of benefits that are relevant to their lives, both on and off the job. We are proud to offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package to support eligible part time and full time associates and their families, including:
- Life insurance and Disability
- Retirement and 401(k) match
- Paid time off, wellness time and volunteer time
- Merchandise discount and EAP resources
- Tuition Reimbursement
Many of these benefits begin on day one, and extend to eligible dependents. To learn more about available benefits please click https://jobs.crateandbarrel.com/benefits
Euromarket Designs, Inc., which does business as Crate and Barrel and CB2, will be referred to as “the Company”. The Company is deeply committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact the location you are applying to here and ask to speak with a manager regarding the nature of your request.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
The Company participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the US.
State / City Compliance: The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal history, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Job Applicant Privacy: For details about how the Company collects and uses your personal information, please see our Job Applicant Privacy & Communications Notice.
Don’t See Anything of Interest?
Join our Talent Community to stay in the loop with our job news and opportunities.Sign Up (Opens in New Window)
Get To Know Our Team.
Get to know us and find out why you should become part of our team.