Lead Developer, iOSApply Location: Northbrook, Illinois
We inspire purpose-filled living that brings joy to the modern home. With a team of more than 8,000 associates spanning 130 store and distribution locations across the U.S. and Canada, we achieve together, drive results and innovate to inspire. Drawn together by a shared passion for our customers and a spirit of fun, we deliver high-quality home furnishings that are expertly designed, responsibly sourced and bring beauty and function to people’s homes. From the day we opened our first store in Chicago in 1962 to the digital innovations that engage millions of customers today, our iconic brand is nearly 60 years in the making—and our story is still unfolding.
We’re here for it. We think you should be too. We’re looking for a driven professional with an inclusive mindset to join our team as a Lead Developer...
The Lead Developer is responsible for guiding a team of developers to understand product requirements and developing the architecture and specifications for systems to support them. The Lead Developer will provide technical leadership to teammates through coaching and mentorship. This role will represent and guide our development team setting the pace, path, and standard for all programming activities. The lead developer also works with managers and peers to improve technical processes. This individual should be able to work with both custom and package software.
What you'll do...
- Design and develop business functionality on iOS platform using Objective-C and Swift while improving code quality and infrastructure.
- Build scalable, unit testable solutions for our iOS apps and do code reviews.
- Champion culture of good security, coding standards, architecture patterns, resiliency, and documentation practices.
- Work across all phases of the software development lifecycle (planning, design, implementation, deployment, operations and support).
- Leader on a cross-disciplinary Agile team to understand requirements, do product backlog grooming, sprint planning, execution, and retrospective.
- Communicate effectively and efficiently with all associates and business contacts and promote a strong sense of teamwork.
- Developer leadership - Mentor and coach other developers and be able to collaborate with offshore teams while leading technology direction and improving codebase.
- See big picture for interconnected systems, building resiliency, and when your solutions move to production how they will be operationalized/monitored.
- Optimize app speed / performance.
- Collaborate with internal customers to determine the most efficient, cost-effective approach to meet their business requirements.
What you'll bring...
- Position can be Full Remote
- 8+ years of hands-on relevant mobile application software development
- 3+ years leading development team(s) and working under Agile scrum framework
- At least one production app in the Apple app store
- Experience with JIRA preferred
- Retail experience preferred
- Prior experience in Android applications, API/web development in .NET, nice to have
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or comparable work experience; Master’s degree preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Deep hands-on knowledge of native iOS frameworks (UIKit, CoreAnimation, etc), Xcode, Instruments, TestFlight, Objective-C, and Swift
- Experience submitting apps to the App Store and dealing with different versions of app
- Ability to build responsive, highly-performant, and accessibility compliant applications (ie WCAG)
- Experience with multi-targeted apps
- Great understanding of object-oriented design
- Experience with source control, BitBucket preferred
- Experience with consuming first and third-party APIs
- Skilled at debugging issues and solving underlying technical and infrastructural problems
- Strong communicator and effective in conveying message to business owner, product management, design, user experience, and
- QA Experience wih APM like New Relic preferred
- Experience with Automated Testing tools like Endtest preferred
- Plan and lead multiple projects independently via good project management practices and artifacts/documentation
- Prototype solutions and new tools/technologies; conduit with Architecture and DevOps for arch design and operations
- Fantastic analytical skills to debug complex problems and curiosity/passion for technology
- Great collaborator and communicator with teammates and business partners
- Communicate technical direction and ideas across the organization
Our commitment to our associates is of the utmost importance. One of the reasons the company attracts such a dynamic group of associates is that we offer a full menu of benefits that are relevant to their lives, both on and off the job. Many of these benefits begin on day one, and extend to eligible dependents. To learn more about available benefits please click https://jobs.crateandbarrel.com/benefits.
Euromarket Designs, Inc., which does business as Crate and Barrel and CB2, will be referred to as “the Company”. The Company is deeply committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact the location you are applying to here and ask to speak with a manager regarding the nature of your request.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
The Company participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the US.
State / City Compliance: The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal history, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Get To Know Our Team.
Get to know us and find out why you should become part of our team.