Lead Web Developer - C#/.NetApply Location: Northbrook, Illinois
With over 130 store and warehouse locations and more than 7,500 associates across the U.S. and Canada, Crate and Barrel is a dynamic and growing multi-channel furniture and housewares retailer. So we can continue to help others love how they live in moments that matter, the iconic brand is looking for a driven and passionate professional to raise the bar and join our IT department as a Lead Web Developer - C#/.Net, located in our Northbrook, IL corporate office.
We are seeking a Lead Web Developer -C#/.Net to join our team in developing the next generation of our eCommerce architecture. As a Crate and BarrelLead Web Developer - C#/.Net, you will join an innovative eCommerce team as a technical leader responsible for delivering innovative eCommerce solutions built for sustainability and performance. Your passion for architecture optimization will enable you to become a key contributor in the development and enhancement of our core eCommerce architecture. You will be a go-to-person in designing and guiding teams in the delivery of high quality software that scales and performs at a best-in-class level. Collaborating closely with product managers, testers and other software engineers, you will design, test, code, deliver and maintain software modules within an Agile Scrum environment. Our teams are composed of talented software engineers working in a very dynamic, challenging, fast-paced, sustainable and fun Agile (Scrum) environment.
- Translate business requirements into architecture designs.
- Understand the existing software core architecture, interactions and dependencies between its main components.
- Provide production support for our main websites.
- Support product managers to gather and filter key information from stakeholders.
- Evaluate risk by identifying development complexity, limitations and impacts.
- Determine development feasibility within identified constraints.
- Support product managers with drafting functional specifications.
- Write minimum technical specifications and documents.
- Participate in detailed development reviews and demos.
- Write unit tests.
- Troubleshoot and guide a product team of developers to resolve complex problems.
- Work with an offshore team of developers.
- Suggest core infrastructure enhancements based on current and future technology trends.
- Brainstorm and solve very interesting problems that will considerably increase product user experience.
- Coach and mentor junior team members.
- Contribute and promote software best practices and processes across the team.
- Participate actively in code reviews.
- Provide teammates continuous technical support.
- Provide guidance for new feature integration and key architectural decisions.
- Share knowledge through collaboration, training, peer review, presentations, and articles.
- 7 + years of C# and ASP.NET experience
- 4+ years of hands-on technical leadership experience around system engineering
- 2 + years of MVC experience
- 2 + years experience working under Agile scrum framework
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field; Master's degree preferred
- Strong knowledge of SQL Server
- Experience with MongoDB preferred
- Experience implementing REST architecture preferred
- Demonstrated ability to be accountable and be a leader in their areas of expertise by staying on top of the latest developments
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the proven ability to effectively translate complex ideas and tailor key messages to multiple audiences
- Good reading, written and verbal language skills (English)
The job description and other aspects of the job listed on this job posting should not be construed to contain every function/responsibility that may be required to be performed by an associate in this job. Associates are required to perform other related functions as assigned.
Euromarket Designs, Inc., which does business as Crate and Barrel and CB2, will be referred to as “the Company”. The Company is deeply committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact the location you are applying to here and ask to speak with a manager regarding the nature of your request.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
The Company participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the US.
State / City Compliance: The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal history, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Get To Know Our Team.
Get to know us and find out why you should become part of our team.Meet Our Associates
Don’t See Anything of Interest?
Join our Talent Community to stay in the loop with our job news and opportunities.Sign Up (Opens in New Window)