Lead Web DeveloperApply Location: Northbrook, Illinois
With over 130 store and warehouse locations and more than 7,500 associates across the U.S. and Canada, Crate and Barrel is a dynamic and growing multi-channel furniture and housewares retailer. So we can continue to help others love how they live in moments that matter, the iconic brand is looking for a driven and passionate professional to raise the bar and join our Technology department as a Lead Web Developer, located in our Northbrook, IL corporate office.
The Lead Developer is responsible for guiding a team of developers to understand product requirements, developing the architecture and specifications for systems to support them. The Lead Developer will provide technical leadership to teammates through coaching and mentorship. This role will represent and guide our development team setting the pace, path, and standard for all programming activities. The lead developer also works with managers and peers to improve technical processes. This individual should be able to work with both custom and package software.
- Design and develop business functionality in multi-tier web solutions while improving code quality and infrastructure
- Build scalable, unit testable solutions for our website applications and do code reviews
- Champion culture of good security, coding standards, architecture patterns, resiliency, and documentation practices
- Work across all phases of the software development lifecycle (planning, design, implementation, deployment, operations and support)
- Leader on a cross-disciplinary Agile team to understand requirements, do product backlog grooming, sprint planning, execution, and retrospective
- Communicate effectively and efficiently with all associates and business contacts and promote a strong sense of teamwork
- Developer leadership - Mentor and coach other developers and able to collaborate with offshore teams while leading technology direction and improving codebase
- See big picture for interconnected systems, building resiliency, and when your solutions move to production how they will be operationalized/monitored
- Optimize website speed / performance and enhance SEO
- Collaborate with internal customers to determine the most efficient, cost-effective approach to meet their business requirements.
- 8+ years of .NET MVC web development with a preferred focus on retail eCommerce solutions
- 5+ years with relational databases
- 3+ years leading development team(s) and working under Agile scrum framework
- A plus to have
- Cloud first architectures (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Log aggregators (SumoLogic, Splunk)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or comparable work experience; Master’s degree preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Database experience - SQLServer, NoSQL experience a plus
- Experienced with JIRA and BitBucket/Git for source control
- Strong in Domain-Driven Design, Dependency Injection, caching strategies
- Proficient in using built-in browser tools like Chrome Developer Tools
- Practical understanding of data structures, algorithms, and design patterns in a web environment
- Unit Test frameworks like MSTest, NUnit and Jasmine and mocking frameworks like Moq
- Plan and lead multiple projects independently via good project management practices and artifacts/documentation
- Prototype solutions and new tools/technologies; conduit with Architecture and DevOps for arch design and operations
- Fantastic analytical skills to debug complex problems and curiosity/passion for technology
- Great understanding of Web Performance measuring and how to optimize (APM)
- Great collaborator and communicator with teammates and business partners
- Communicate technical direction and ideas across the organization
- Good written and verbal language skills (English)
The job description and other aspects of the job listed on this job posting should not be construed to contain every function/responsibility that may be required to be performed by an associate in this job. Associates are required to perform other related functions as assigned.
Our commitment to our associates is of the utmost importance. One of the reasons the company attracts such a dynamic group of associates is that we offer a full menu of benefits that are relevant to their lives, both on and off the job. Many of these benefits begin on day one, and extend to eligible dependents. To learn more about available benefits please click https://jobs.crateandbarrel.com/benefits.
Euromarket Designs, Inc., which does business as Crate and Barrel and CB2, will be referred to as “the Company”. The Company is deeply committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact the location you are applying to here and ask to speak with a manager regarding the nature of your request.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
The Company participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the US.
State / City Compliance: The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal history, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Get To Know Our Team.
Get to know us and find out why you should become part of our team.Meet Our Associates
Don’t See Anything of Interest?
Join our Talent Community to stay in the loop with our job news and opportunities.Sign Up (Opens in New Window)