Manager, Accounts PayableLocation: Northbrook, Illinois
We inspire purpose-filled living that brings joy to the modern home. With a team of more than 8,000 associates spanning 130 store and distribution locations across the U.S. and Canada, we achieve together, drive results and innovate to inspire. Drawn together by a shared passion for our customers and a spirit of fun, we deliver high-quality home furnishings that are expertly designed, responsibly sourced and bring beauty and function to people’s homes. From the day we opened our first store in Chicago in 1962 to the digital innovations that engage millions of customers today, our iconic brand is nearly 60 years in the making—and our story is still unfolding.
We’re here for it. We think you should be too. We’re looking for a driven professional with an inclusive mindset to join our team as an Manager, Accounts Payable...
Manage the duties of the Accounts Payable Department by overseeing expense reporting, supplier maintenance, and payment processing sections. Establish and maintain a system of departmental practices and procedures, identifying departmental performance standards and measurements. Identify and formulate annual department opportunities, and support interfaces with Crate and Barrel constituents.
What You'll Do...
- Develop and monitor the overall accounts payable workflow.
- Process domestic and foreign invoices, processing expense reimbursements, reviewing supplier statements, maintain vendor database.
- Ensure payments are processed accurately and timely while adhering to established internal controls, and servicing internal/external customers.
- Process and file forms 1099, 1042, and other tax filings as required by various authorities.
- Maintain A/P team Policies & Procedures and review work to ensure accuracy and compliance.
- Collaborate with Purchasing and Supply Chain teams to resolve 3-way match and purchase order issues.
- Work closely with the Accounting team and support the annual audit.
- Manage all aspects of performance and development of direct reports to encourage professional growth.
- Supervise, motivate, and mentor the Accounts Payable.
- Identify process inefficiencies, recommend modifications to existing systems, and implement modifications
- Act as Vendor Relations liaison in difficult vendor situations.
What You'll Bring...
- Must be local; Position is hybrid
- A minimum of 8 years of accounts payable experience
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in people management or supervision
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Experience working with large ERP system; PeopleSoft software experience desired
- Experience working with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and 1099 filing experience
- Strong interpersonal skills for interacting with all stakeholders
- Good communication skills to support personnel and management
- Good planning and organizational skills to balance and prioritize work
Our commitment to our associates is of the utmost importance. One of the reasons the company attracts such a diverse group of associates is that we offer a full menu of benefits that are relevant to their lives, both on and off the job. We are proud to offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package to support eligible part time and full time associates and their families, including:
- Life insurance and Disability
- Retirement and 401(k) match
- Paid time off, wellness time and volunteer time
- Merchandise discount and EAP resources
- Tuition Reimbursement
Many of these benefits begin on day one, and extend to eligible dependents. To learn more about available benefits please click https://jobs.crateandbarrel.com/benefits
Euromarket Designs, Inc., which does business as Crate and Barrel and CB2, will be referred to as “the Company”. The Company is deeply committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact the location you are applying to here and ask to speak with a manager regarding the nature of your request.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
The Company participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the US.
State / City Compliance: The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal history, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Don’t See Anything of Interest?
Join our Talent Community to stay in the loop with our job news and opportunities.Sign Up (Opens in New Window)
Get To Know Our Team.
Get to know us and find out why you should become part of our team.