Manager, Associate CareLocation: Northbrook, Illinois
We inspire purpose-filled living that brings joy to the modern home. With a team of more than 8,000 associates spanning 130 store and distribution locations across the U.S. and Canada, we achieve together, drive results and innovate to inspire. Drawn together by a shared passion for our customers and a spirit of fun, we deliver high-quality home furnishings that are expertly designed, responsibly sourced and bring beauty and function to people’s homes. From the day we opened our first store in Chicago in 1962 to the digital innovations that engage millions of customers today, our iconic brand is over 60 years in the making—and our story is still unfolding.
We’re here for it. We think you should be too. We’re looking for a driven professional with an inclusive mindset to join our team as a Manager, Associate Care.
This position leads the Associate Care Team – a newly created, centralized core function of HR that optimizes efficiency, ensures consistency, and enhances the associate experience. In this role, you will leverage trends to assess the needs of associates and the business. You will support the strategy to optimize HR tools and resources with the goal of improving the associate experience and driving contact reduction. The ideal Manager brings technical aptitude, a drive for continuous improvement, and supports a positive and productive work environment that supports the Company’s Purpose and Values and Core Beliefs.
This is a hybrid position (3x/week in person) based out of our Northbrook, IL Headquarters Office.
A day in the life as a Manager, Associate Care…
- Lead, train and develop a team of HR Specialists
- Handle issues escalated by HR Specialists and effectively coach on call/email handling and issue resolution by utilizing resources efficiently, applying subject matter expertise, and consulting with appropriate Centers of Excellence (COE)/ Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP)
- Identify business trends and notify COE/HRBP leadership as needed
- Lead improvement efforts to optimize and improve processes, proactively identifying needs, driving through to execution, ensuring process design and change management efforts meet user needs, and measuring results
- Ensure that outcomes are consistent and adhere to CBH Values
- Recommend, lead and/or participate in cross-functional projects to improve the associate experience and drive efficiency
What you’ll bring to the table…
- Exceptional business and HR acumen
- Strengths in problem solving and analyzing data and metrics to find root causes; ability to translate findings into forward-looking solutions
- Strong change management, negotiation, and influencing skills
- High emotional intelligence and empathy; Ability to inspire trust and respect by demonstrating courage and honesty; using ethical considerations to guide decisions; placing ethical behavior above personal gain; and maintaining confidentiality
- Skilled at working successfully in dynamic, fast-paced, and ambiguous environments
- Ability to maintain high standards and execute through teamwork, project management, process improvement, and accountability
- Leadership skills – ability to set clear expectations, coach for top performance, and hold associates accountable
We’d love to hear from you if you have…
- 5+ years of increasingly responsible HR Generalist experience, including 3+ years of project management, continuous improvement, or operations experience
- 2+ years of leadership experience
- Bachelor’s degree required; Human Resources or related field a plus
- PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP certification preferred
Our commitment to our associates is of the utmost importance. One of the reasons the company attracts such a diverse group of associates is that we offer a full menu of benefits that are relevant to their lives, both on and off the job. We are proud to offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package to support eligible part time and full time associates and their families, including:
- Life insurance and Disability
- Retirement and 401(k) match
- Paid time off, wellness time and volunteer time
- Merchandise discount and EAP resources
- Tuition Reimbursement
Many of these benefits begin on day one, and extend to eligible dependents. To learn more about available benefits please click https://jobs.crateandbarrel.com/benefits
Euromarket Designs, Inc., which does business as Crate and Barrel and CB2, will be referred to as “the Company”. The Company is deeply committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact the location you are applying to here and ask to speak with a manager regarding the nature of your request.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
The Company participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the US.
State / City Compliance: The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal history, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Job Applicant Privacy: For details about how the Company collects and uses your personal information, please see our Job Applicant Privacy & Communications Notice.
Don’t See Anything of Interest?
Join our Talent Community to stay in the loop with our job news and opportunities.Sign Up (Opens in New Window)
Get To Know Our Team.
Get to know us and find out why you should become part of our team.
Match Your Skills.
Search jobs based on the skills and experience in your LinkedIn profile.Start Matching Skills