Manager, Distribution Network ModelingLocation: Northbrook, Illinois
We inspire purpose-filled living that brings joy to the modern home. With a team of more than 8,000 associates spanning 130 store and distribution locations across the U.S. and Canada, we achieve together, drive results and innovate to inspire. Drawn together by a shared passion for our customers and a spirit of fun, we deliver high-quality home furnishings that are expertly designed, responsibly sourced and bring beauty and function to people’s homes. From the day we opened our first store in Chicago in 1962 to the digital innovations that engage millions of customers today, our iconic brand is over 60 years in the making—and our story is still unfolding.
We’re here for it. We think you should be too. We’re looking for a driven professional with an inclusive mindset to join our team as a Manager, Distribution Network Modeling.
The Manager, Distribution Network Modeling position will evaluate current and future distribution network possibilities to determine how many distribution centers should exist, where they should be located and what functions and types of products they should have based on historical metrics and future company growth strategies. It also determines the cost benefit analysis to operate alternative network configurations at varying levels of service performance.
This position can be hybrid or fully remote.
This role is an Individual Contributor.
A day in the life as a Manager, Distribution Network Modeling…
- Evaluate current and future distribution network possibilities to determine how many distribution centers should exist, where they should be located and what functions and types of products they should have
- Identify key opportunities to leverage and improve processes affecting Supply Chain operations, including defining appropriate metrics, leading process improvement and systems initiatives
- Develop robust network optimization models to evaluate project hypothesis and strategic alternatives and quantify model changes in end-to-end supply chain
- Optimize the network in terms of fixed investment cost relative to production, transportation, and warehouse costs
- Develop structured business cases including detailed analyses with clear communication of value levers, in order to provide recommended solutions to complex and unstructured supply chain problems
- Lead cross functional teams from Asset Optimization, Asset Strategy, Engineering, Finance and Logistics to deliver high quality analyses and recommendations
- Partner with Finance and Engineering to provide necessary inputs for any Capex requests and approvals and ensure that project recommendations are organizationally aligned
- Manage multiple tasks and priorities concurrently and work well under tight timelines
- Utilize organizational systems and tools for data collection and to build project facts, benchmarking analyses etc
- Solicits, identify, and develop process improvement initiatives for network model building and to simplify/streamline the process
- Develops domain knowledge and Subject Matter Expertise (SME) in Network Modeling and analytics
What you’ll bring to the table…
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (English); Bilingual (Spanish) a plus
- Ability to prioritize workload and manage multiple projects
- Excellent business and financial acumen
- Ability to effectively identify, develop, communicate and implement strategies and ideas across multiple business channels and audiences
We’d love to hear from you if you have…
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental science, sustainability, or a related field
- 5+ years experience in a supply chain planning/optimization function, preferably in a corporate or supply chain environment with good knowledge of end-to-end Supply Chain management, including procurement, planning and logistics
- Demonstrated examples of utilizing analytical/mathematical modeling skills to analyze, document, validate and manipulate large amounts of data
Our commitment to our associates is of the utmost importance. One of the reasons the company attracts such a diverse group of associates is that we offer a full menu of benefits that are relevant to their lives, both on and off the job. We are proud to offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package to support eligible part time and full time associates and their families, including:
- Life insurance and Disability
- Retirement and 401(k) match
- Paid time off, wellness time and volunteer time
- Merchandise discount and EAP resources
- Tuition Reimbursement
Many of these benefits begin on day one, and extend to eligible dependents. To learn more about available benefits please click https://jobs.crateandbarrel.com/benefits
Euromarket Designs, Inc., which does business as Crate and Barrel and CB2, will be referred to as “the Company”. The Company is deeply committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact the location you are applying to here and ask to speak with a manager regarding the nature of your request.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
The Company participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the US.
State / City Compliance: The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal history, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Job Applicant Privacy: For details about how the Company collects and uses your personal information, please see our Job Applicant Privacy & Communications Notice.
Don’t See Anything of Interest?
Join our Talent Community to stay in the loop with our job news and opportunities.Sign Up (Opens in New Window)
Get To Know Our Team.
Get to know us and find out why you should become part of our team.