Manager, Product Design and Development - Kids Soft GoodsApply Location: Northbrook, Illinois
With over 130 store and warehouse locations and more than 7,500 associates across the U.S. and Canada, Crate and Barrel is a dynamic and growing multi-channel furniture and housewares retailer. So we can continue to help others love how they live in moments that matter, the iconic brand is looking for a driven and passionate professional to raise the bar and join our Merchandising department as a Manager, Product Design & Development on the Crate & Kids team, located in our Northbrook, IL corporate office.
This position leads the strategy for product design and development in soft goods categories through the development and execution of trend forward products that grow revenue and align with the financial merchandising and company strategies. The Manager, PD&D provides overall leadership and product knowledge within categories.
- In partnership with DMM, lead the development of product line design strategy.
- Manage and coordinate development of new product and drive improvement of existing product and product lines.
- Lead full cycle of development of product from concept to completion, ensuring development plan needs are met, RMU targets are achieved and product is trend forward and brand right.
- Provide innovative solutions and creative insight for product design in relation to market demands, trend analysis and company image.
- Work in close partnership and alignment with the buying, planning and sourcing leadership teams to drive category growth and profitability that supports company goals.
- Evaluate and resolve technical feasibility, design optimization and production issues.
- Ensure developments and department milestones are met and adhere to financial targets.
- Develop a high-performing team through thoughtful team member development, effective and timely performance assessments and productive workflow processes.
- Bachelor's degree required
- 5+ years of experience in relevant product design and development (7+ years preferred)
- Experience managing teams preferred
- Ability to build strategy for product design and development
- Proven track-record in leading or working on cross-department projects
- Proven track record in problem solving
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently to drive business outcomes
- Strong experience and retail financial acumen in product development
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to travel up to 25%
- Good reading, written and verbal language skills (English)
The job description and other aspects of the job listed on this job posting should not be construed to contain every function/responsibility that may be required to be performed by an associate in this job. Associates are required to perform other related functions as assigned.
Euromarket Designs, Inc., which does business as Crate and Barrel and CB2, will be referred to as “the Company”. The Company is deeply committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact the location you are applying to here and ask to speak with a manager regarding the nature of your request.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
The Company participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the US.
State / City Compliance: The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal history, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Get To Know Our Team.
Get to know us and find out why you should become part of our team.Meet Our Associates
Don’t See Anything of Interest?
Join our Talent Community to stay in the loop with our job news and opportunities.Sign Up (Opens in New Window)