Manager - Quality and Regulatory ComplianceApply Location: Northbrook, Illinois
With over 130 store and warehouse locations and more than 7,500 associates across the U.S. and Canada, Crate and Barrel is a dynamic and growing multi-channel furniture and housewares retailer. So we can continue to help others love how they live in moments that matter, the iconic brand is looking for a driven and passionate professional to raise the bar and join our Sourcing department as a Manager, Quality and Regulatory Compliance, located in our Northbrook, IL corporate office.
The Manager, Quality and Compliance will be responsible for managing the quality life cycle stages to ensure product meets quality and regulatory expectations. Drive quality improvements by identifying and delivering solution based recommendations while adhering to merchandising calendars. This position will require proactive engagement with design and sourcing teams to ensure that product is designed in a manner that supports successful execution. This will require the skills necessary to quickly react to potential quality or compliance issue. Collaboration amongst corporate and distribution teams are critical in this role.
- Manage all aspects of our product testing program with independent testing companies to ensure products meet company performance, product regulatory, and any product claims for all markets in which we operate.
- Operating as the single point of contact for all independent testing companies and partner with PD&D and Buying Managers to provide day-to-day support through the quality process.
- Takes accountability for safety performance by using recognized industry and regulatory practices and procedures to ensure brand protection by validating that all current and potential suppliers provide products that are safe, conforming and consistent.
- Responsible for the identification, implementation of continuous improvement initiatives based on current and forthcoming regulatory compliance requirements associated with Regulatory Compliance
- Manage a team of people that process compliance issues for the US, Canada, and international markets.
- Initiate and oversee the annual review process of protocols to certify most up to date requirements are captured by the independent testing labs.
- Partner with PD&D teams to identify potential quality issues that have occurred during product development stages and lead changes during production to ensure flawless execution.
- Project Manage timelines for special project request to ensure minimal delay of product delivery to store and customer.
- Lead corrective action plan process with the vendor community to improve on year over year customer complaints and returns.
- Partner with the packaging team to lower the financial impact that is driven from quality and shipping defects by monitoring company adjustments.
- Manage lab fees for all testing protocols and billing issues.
- Maintain knowledge and manage compliance efforts as it relates to Federal, State, and Provincial requirements for the division.
- 5+ years previous experience
- Knowledge of Compliance / Regulatory areas of Consumer Retail is required
- Able to work effectively across many internal functional groups to optimize product offerings and issue resolution
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally if needed
- Possess a complete understanding of the buying plan, vision and goals of the Merchandising Department
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with ability to build team and teamwork
- Proven ability to work in collaborative, matrixed environment
- Excellent organizational and project management skills and the ability to execute on multiple projects
- Must be willing to accommodate off hours/overseas meetings
- Good reading, written and verbal language skills (English)
The job description and other aspects of the job listed on this job posting should not be construed to contain every function/responsibility that may be required to be performed by an associate in this job. Associates are required to perform other related functions as assigned.
Euromarket Designs, Inc., which does business as Crate and Barrel and CB2, will be referred to as “the Company”. The Company is deeply committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact the location you are applying to here and ask to speak with a manager regarding the nature of your request.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
The Company participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the US.
State / City Compliance: The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal history, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Get To Know Our Team.
Get to know us and find out why you should become part of our team.Meet Our Associates
Don’t See Anything of Interest?
Join our Talent Community to stay in the loop with our job news and opportunities.Sign Up (Opens in New Window)