Manager, Software Quality Assurance - WMS
With over 130 store and warehouse locations and more than 7,500 associates across the U.S. and Canada, Crate and Barrel is a dynamic and growing multi-channel furniture and housewares retailer. So we can continue to help others love how they live in moments that matter, the iconic brand is looking for a driven and passionate professional to raise the bar and join our Technology department as a Manager, Software Quality Assurance - WMS located in our Northbrook, IL corporate office.
The Manager of Quality Assurance will lead and manage one or more QE teams within the technology organization. This role will report to the Director, Quality Assurance, and work closely with the various software development teams and business partners across the organization to ensure the highest level of quality for our technology products and solutions. Specifically, this position will be primarily focused on Crate & Barrel’s warehouse/supply chain solutions.
- Champion continuous improvement efforts and defect reduction initiatives under the guidance of the Director of Technology, Quality Assurance to establish an effective Quality Management System.
- Help define and execute a comprehensive quality strategy by establishing, implementing, monitoring and enforcing quality engineering/assurance procedures, policies, standards and tools.
- Interface closely with business, product management and assurance teams for review of business requirements, technical design and milestone planning to support development or integration of a project or program.
- Coordinate and drive execution of quality assurance testing including but not limited to creating test plans, test scripts, reporting defects, QE effectiveness, performance testing, regression testing, etc.
- Lead root-cause analysis and problem resolution to identify effective corrective actions and process improvements.
- Oversee software releases (including deployment) and ensure procedures are documented and followed.
- Ensure the appropriate test environments are in place, managed and controlled.
- Develop QE KPI/metrics, compare against industry standards and report KPI/metrics. Coordinates corrective action to reduce errors and to improve the quality of the systems and services.
- Implements resource plans, including conducting recruitment interviews. Facilitates selection, assessment and on-boarding processes, and internal resource allocation.
- Lead teams through coaching and developmental feedback and take prompt corrective actions where needed.
- Experience with JDA or Manhatten required
- Retail experience is required. Experience in at least a couple typical retail systems highly preferred - Marketing (Loyalty), Store Operations (Point of Sale), Merchandising, Supply Chain and Ecommerce systems
- Automation tools (Selenium, NightwatchJS, Codeception etc.) experience is highly preferred. Willingness to learn new tools and frameworks is required
- Degreed professional (Computer Science, Information Technology or related degree) required
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in quality assurance and testing
- A minimum of 2 years in a management capacity, including leadership at the Manager level leading teams that manage quality assurance for software solutions
- Hands-on experience with leveraging automation and test framework tools to be able to shape the future of the development process at Crate&Barrel
- Excellent understanding of software QE concepts, recommended practices, and methodology that cover regression testing, functional testing, UAT, and integration testing
- Excellent understanding of appropriate regulatory or statutory compliance standards, including PCI, SOX, GDPR, and information security, and incorporating these into the testing strategy
- Ability to manage multiple test events and projects at a time
- Demonstrated experience working with offshore resources
- Strong understanding of Agile and traditional SDLC
- Experience designing test strategies and end-to-end test scenarios and estimating test efforts
- Experience working with JIRA
- Experienced in debugging across different browsers, devices and environments
- Must be results oriented, and demonstrate a “can do” attitude adaptability, flexibility and resourcefulness
- Must be able to work within a team and independently without any supervision at times
- Passionate and extremely knowledgeable about quality assurance, shipping software securely, scripting, tooling, reporting, continuous integration, bug discovery, and automation
- Extensive domain experience in quality
- Experience leading diverse quality teams and building technology and tools in a growing organization
- Good reading, written and verbal language skills (English)
The job description and other aspects of the job listed on this job posting should not be construed to contain every function/responsibility that may be required to be performed by an associate in this job. Associates are required to perform other related functions as assigned.
Euromarket Designs, Inc., which does business as Crate and Barrel and CB2, will be referred to as “the Company”. The Company is deeply committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact the location you are applying to here and ask to speak with a manager regarding the nature of your request.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
The Company participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the US.
State / City Compliance: The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal history, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Get To Know Our Team.
Get to know us and find out why you should become part of our team.Meet Our Associates
Don’t See Anything of Interest?
Join our Talent Community to stay in the loop with our job news and opportunities.Sign Up (Opens in New Window)