Marketing Brand Manager - Kitchen and EntertainingApply Location: Northbrook, Illinois
With over 130 store and warehouse locations and more than 7,500 associates across the U.S. and Canada, Crate and Barrel is a dynamic and growing multi-channel furniture and housewares retailer. So we can continue to help others love how they live in moments that matter, the iconic brand is looking for a driven and passionate professional to raise the bar and join our Marketing department as a Marketing Brand Manager - Kitchen and Entertaining located in our Northbrook, IL corporate office.
The Marketing Brand Manager will helps develop and lead seasonal marketing planning and strategy for the Kitchen and Entertaining categories, as well as DEI initiatives, collaborations, and promotions. In addition, this role plays a critical role in creating seasonal content angles and managing execution that unleashes strong new customer growth as well as retention of current customers.
What you'll do...
- Serve as the Brand Manager and Content Strategist for Crate and Barrel annual, seasonal, and supplemental content planning across the kitchen and entertaining categories.
- Manage the marketing content strategy including the editorial planning calendar that informs channel marketing and cross channel asset development process.
- Manage marketing non-working (content and partnerships) budget to drive the Crate and Barrel business and track progress against those plans.
- Lead the development of sound strategic communication plans based on clear understandings of the objectives.
- Lead cross functional teams across Marketing, Creative, Media and Ecommerce to ensure our brand message is being communicated clearly and effectively across all channels to our consumers.
- Oversee merchandise and vendor promotions communications strategy in strong partnership with Planning and Merchandising to lead cross functional teams across Marketing, Creative, Media, Stores and Ecommerce to ensure messaging is clear to consumers and supports the business strategy.
- Lead content briefings including developing the brief, inspiring great work and keeping the team on time and on budget. Oversee creative development of all marketing materials to support relevant marketing.
- Analyze data, both internal and external, to determine areas of improvement in order to grow market share.
- Research competitive programs and marketing initiatives.
Partner with the ecommerce team to create online customer experiences that provide the best branded shopping experience.
- Partner with merchants to ensure product assortment serves the needs of our customer, and to identify opportunities to promote specific product for our various segments.
- Understand customer needs and trends for Crate and Barrel segments in order to develop long-term customer relationships.
- Build strong relationships with branded vendors in the kitchen and entertaining categories to drive collaborative marketing planning and execution.
- Manage one direct report.
- Lead and maintain execution oversight for relevant virtual and in-personal events pertaining to the kitchen and entertaining categories.
What you'll bring...
- Bachelor’s Degree or relevant work experience required
- Minimum of 4 years previous marketing and/or retail experience
- Strong experience brainstorming and developing creative, breakthrough content strategies and ability to develop strong consumer lead strategies for our core businesses
- Exceptional strategic and metrics-driven analytical skills at both the micro and macro levels
- Strong experience managing a marketing vehicle such as digital media, ecommerce, or social media
- Demonstrate strong command of media and broader advertising research resources, capabilities and limitations
- Ability to internalize category product data and functionality
- Understand customer needs and trends for customer segments in order to develop long-term customer relationships
- Strong presentation and written communication skills
- Ability to simplify and structure complex and ambiguous problems
- Collaborate and work effectively across functions; Influence and achieve consensus on goals and objectives
- Team oriented, collaborative, diplomatic, and flexible
- Ability to present complicated material in a concise and effective way
Our commitment to our associates is of the utmost importance. One of the reasons the company attracts such a dynamic group of associates is that we offer a full menu of benefits that are relevant to their lives, both on and off the job. Many of these benefits begin on day one, and extend to eligible dependents. To learn more about available benefits please click https://jobs.crateandbarrel.com/benefits.
Euromarket Designs, Inc., which does business as Crate and Barrel and CB2, will be referred to as “the Company”. The Company is deeply committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact the location you are applying to here and ask to speak with a manager regarding the nature of your request.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
The Company participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the US.
State / City Compliance: The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal history, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Get To Know Our Team.
Get to know us and find out why you should become part of our team.Meet Our Associates
Don’t See Anything of Interest?
Join our Talent Community to stay in the loop with our job news and opportunities.Sign Up (Opens in New Window)