Merchant - FurnitureApply Location: Northbrook, Illinois
With over 130 store and warehouse locations and more than 7,500 associates across the U.S. and Canada, Crate and Barrel is a dynamic and growing multi-channel furniture and housewares retailer. So we can continue to help others love how they live in moments that matter, the iconic brand is looking for a driven and passionate professional to raise the bar and join our Merchandising Buying department as a Merchant - Furniture located in our Northbrook, IL corporate office.
Maximize sales growth and profitability by developing business strategies and product assortment plans to maximize the development of the brand, sales and profits for an assigned category of products.
- Develop and execute overall product assortment strategy across store and online channels to maximize sales and profits, resulting in new product offerings without departing from the core equities of the brand.
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners across businesses to execute product assortment strategy effectively, from pre-season assortment development to in-season assortment management.
- Lead merchandising teams in the identification of trends, ideas and the interpretation of business opportunities which set us apart from the competition.
- Set strategy, vision and direction through resource allocation decisions for a significant organization or business unit.
- Direct the strategy for price levels, ranges and price architecture.
- Optimize merchandise assortment across store and e-commerce channels.
- Drive sku productivity through sound assortment rationale.
- Lead teams to analyze sales, competitive and market trends, and customer behavior to establish overall product assortment strategy.
- Drive cost-out with vendor base to create margin expansion.
- Identify white-space growth opportunities.
- Provide development, coaching and goal-setting for direct report(s).
- 7+ years retail merchandising experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field
- Strong financial acumen
- Possess a complete understanding of buying plans and processes
- Ability to plan product assortments and promote merchandise internally and externally to support the company sales initiatives
- Maintain an awareness of new trends and product ideas in order to develop and maintain a successful assortment plan for specific merchandising categories
- Financial acumen related to merchandising and planning - evaluate inventory, gross margin and markdowns in order to manage financial goals of the product category and assortment
- Good reading, written and verbal language skills (English)
The job description and other aspects of the job listed on this job posting should not be construed to contain every function/responsibility that may be required to be performed by an associate in this job. Associates are required to perform other related functions as assigned.
Euromarket Designs, Inc., which does business as Crate and Barrel and CB2, will be referred to as “the Company”. The Company is deeply committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact the location you are applying to here and ask to speak with a manager regarding the nature of your request.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
The Company participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the US.
State / City Compliance: The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal history, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Get To Know Our Team.
Get to know us and find out why you should become part of our team.Meet Our Associates
Don’t See Anything of Interest?
Join our Talent Community to stay in the loop with our job news and opportunities.Sign Up (Opens in New Window)