Network EngineerLocation: Northbrook, Illinois
We inspire purpose-filled living that brings joy to the modern home. With a team of more than 8,000 associates spanning 130 store and distribution locations across the U.S. and Canada, we achieve together, drive results and innovate to inspire. Drawn together by a shared passion for our customers and a spirit of fun, we deliver high-quality home furnishings that are expertly designed, responsibly sourced and bring beauty and function to people’s homes. From the day we opened our first store in Chicago in 1962 to the digital innovations that engage millions of customers today, our iconic brand is over 60 years in the making—and our story is still unfolding.
We’re here for it. We think you should be too. We’re looking for a driven professional with an inclusive mindset to join our team as a Network Engineer.
The Network Engineer will be responsible for building, configuring and deploying critical network infrastructure used across stores, distribution centers, and the corporate campus. They will be responsible for providing 24x7 operational support along with executing network and voice related projects and deliverables. This is a combination of network administration, voice administration, and engineering.
*This is a hybrid position based out of our corporate office in Northbrook, IL
A day in the life as a Network Engineer…
- Partnering with technical administrators, application developers, and other technical peers to create robust, scalable network solutions
- Coordinating and executing projects associated with the installation, configuration and deployment of network and voice technologies
- Contributing and supporting network/voice design and disaster recovery activities and strategy
- Performing upgrades and patch management activities for critical network and voice infrastructure
- Recommending optimizations to the environment which improve delivery and performance for end users and customers
- Resolving incidents and work orders escalated from the Service Desk
- Providing technical training to Service Desk, Operations, and relevant parties
- Performing duties after hours, weekend and holiday support, as necessary
- Maintaining and supporting network and voice infrastructure at remote locations
What you’ll bring to the table…
- Ability to work autonomously with minimal supervision
- Strong attention to detail and interpersonal skills
- Strong ability to manage multiple issues at once
- Good working knowledge of network technologies
We’d love to hear from you if you have…
- CCNA certification
- 3+ years engineering experience with network technologies including: campus, core, wireless, load balancing, and VOIP
- Solid experience with Cisco technology including: routing, switching, wireless
- Solid experience with non-Cisco technology vendors to include: Fortinet, F5, Extreme Networks, RingCentral VOIP
- Cloud network connectivity and DevNet experience
- Good understanding of core system administration concepts (e.g., patch management, OS layout and integrity, security, hardening and service management, backup, restore, monitoring, maintenance, and automation)
Our commitment to our associates is of the utmost importance. One of the reasons the company attracts such a diverse group of associates is that we offer a full menu of benefits that are relevant to their lives, both on and off the job. We are proud to offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package to support eligible part time and full time associates and their families, including:
- Life insurance and Disability
- Retirement and 401(k) match
- Paid time off, wellness time and volunteer time
- Merchandise discount and EAP resources
- Tuition Reimbursement
Many of these benefits begin on day one, and extend to eligible dependents. To learn more about available benefits please click https://jobs.crateandbarrel.com/benefits
Euromarket Designs, Inc., which does business as Crate and Barrel and CB2, will be referred to as “the Company”. The Company is deeply committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact the location you are applying to here and ask to speak with a manager regarding the nature of your request.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
The Company participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the US.
State / City Compliance: The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal history, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Job Applicant Privacy: For details about how the Company collects and uses your personal information, please see our Job Applicant Privacy & Communications Notice.
Don’t See Anything of Interest?
Join our Talent Community to stay in the loop with our job news and opportunities.Sign Up (Opens in New Window)
Get To Know Our Team.
Get to know us and find out why you should become part of our team.
Match Your Skills.
Search jobs based on the skills and experience in your LinkedIn profile.Start Matching Skills