Network EngineerApply Location: Northbrook, Illinois
With over 130 store and warehouse locations and more than 7,500 associates across the U.S. and Canada, Crate and Barrel is a dynamic and growing multi-channel furniture and housewares retailer. So we can continue to help others love how they live in moments that matter, the iconic brand is looking for a driven and passionate professional to raise the bar and join our Technology department as a Network Engineer, located in our Northbrook, IL corporate office.
The Network Engineer will be responsible for building, configuring and deploying critical network infrastructure used across stores, distribution centers, and the corporate campus. They will be responsible for providing 24x7 operational support along with executing network and voice related projects and deliverables. This is a combination of network administration, voice administration, and engineering.
- Partner with technical administrators, application developers, and other technical peers to create robust, scalable network solutions.
- Coordinate and execute projects associated with the installation, configuration and deployment of network and voice technologies.
- Provide operational and project status reports.
- Contribute and support network/voice design and disaster recovery activities and strategy.
- Perform upgrades and patch management activities for critical network and voice infrastructure.
- Script and automate routine tasks.
- Participate in the evaluation of new network technologies.
- Recommend optimizations to the environment which improve delivery and performance for end users and customers.
- Resolve incidents and work orders escalated from the Service Desk.
- Provide technical training to Service Desk, Operations, and relevant parties.
- Serve as after hours, weekend and holiday support, as necessary.
- Maintain and support network and voice infrastructure at remote locations.
What you'll bring:
- 3+ years engineering experience with network technologies including: campus, core, wireless, load balancing, and VOIP
- CCNA certification required
- Experience with Cisco technology including: routing, switching, wireless (controller and cloud based)
- Experience with non-Cisco technology vendors to include: Fortinet, F5, Extreme Networks, MIST, RingCentral VOIP
- Understanding of core system administration concepts (e.g., patch management, OS layout and integrity, security, hardening and service management, backup, restore, monitoring, maintenance, and automation)
- Ability to work autonomously with minimal supervision
- Strong attention to detail and interpersonal skills
- Ability to write and present information and documentation
- Strong ability to manage multiple issues at once
- Good working knowledge of network technologies: campus, core, wireless, VOIP
- Ability to collaborate with technical peers across a highly dispersed work environment
- Communicate effectively and efficiently with all company associates and business units
- Good reading, written and verbal language skills (English)
The job description and other aspects of the job listed on this job posting should not be construed to contain every function/responsibility that may be required to be performed by an associate in this job. Associates are required to perform other related functions as assigned.
Our commitment to our associates is of the utmost importance. One of the reasons the company attracts such a dynamic group of associates is that we offer a full menu of benefits that are relevant to their lives, both on and off the job. Many of these benefits begin on day one, and extend to eligible dependents. To learn more about available benefits please click https://jobs.crateandbarrel.com/benefits.
Euromarket Designs, Inc., which does business as Crate and Barrel and CB2, will be referred to as “the Company”. The Company is deeply committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact the location you are applying to here and ask to speak with a manager regarding the nature of your request.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
The Company participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the US.
State / City Compliance: The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal history, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Get To Know Our Team.
Get to know us and find out why you should become part of our team.Meet Our Associates
Don’t See Anything of Interest?
Join our Talent Community to stay in the loop with our job news and opportunities.Sign Up (Opens in New Window)