Organizational Development SpecialistApply Location: Northbrook, Illinois
We inspire purpose-filled living that brings joy to the modern home. With a team of more than 8,000 associates spanning 130 store and distribution locations across the U.S. and Canada, we achieve together, drive results and innovate to inspire. Drawn together by a shared passion for our customers and a spirit of fun, we deliver high-quality home furnishings that are expertly designed, responsibly sourced and bring beauty and function to people’s homes. From the day we opened our first store in Chicago in 1962 to the digital innovations that engage millions of customers today, our iconic brand is nearly 60 years in the making—and our story is still unfolding.
We’re here for it. We think you should be too. We’re looking for a driven professional with an inclusive mindset to join our team as an Organizational Development Specialist.
This role is responsible for designing initiatives and tools to drive performance management, development planning, succession planning, engagement, and culture change across the enterprise. The position will serve as a consultant to HR and leadership on organization effectiveness related focus areas.
What you'll do...
- Lead annual performance management process, including continuous improvement of strategy, process, forms, tools/resources, communication plan, and timeline.
- Manage vendor relationships for performance management systems, including contract and license consumption.
- Design and/or implement engagement surveys to gather insights and measure engagement level of associates.
- Provide data and analytical support through research, data mining, distillation and communication of findings relevant to current talent management processes.
- Develop and facilitate training tools and/or resources relevant to current talent management processes.
- Research, identify, and provide best practices relevant to current talent and organization development processes.
- Conduct competency validation, profiling and other needs assessment methods to identify and prioritize organizational needs and gaps.
- Collaborate with HR Business Partners and Business Leaders to implement processes and provide tools/resources readily adaptable to support talent and organization development.
- Partner closely with HR Business Partners and Business Leaders to address and respond to performance management, learning and development needs of associates.
- Effectively collaborate with different functions and leadership levels.
What you'll bring...
- Bachelor’s Degree in I/O Psychology or Organizational Development, or Human Resources required; Master’s degree a plus
- Certification or experience in change management
- 3+ years experience in related field
- Experience and knowledge of organizational behavior, adult learning principles, organization design, and training and development techniques
- Scientific/statistical knowledge for Predictive Modeling
- Experienced with complex database management skills and large data
- Strong knowledge with Workday / HR cloud-based system preferred
- Strong Project Management experience
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills
- Critical thinker, self motivated; takes initiative and is action oriented
- Team player and skilled at building relationships
- Flexible to move between projects in a fast-paced environment
Our commitment to our associates is of the utmost importance. One of the reasons the company attracts such a dynamic group of associates is that we offer a full menu of benefits that are relevant to their lives, both on and off the job. Many of these benefits begin on day one, and extend to eligible dependents. To learn more about available benefits please click https://jobs.crateandbarrel.com/benefits.
Euromarket Designs, Inc., which does business as Crate and Barrel and CB2, will be referred to as “the Company”. The Company is deeply committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact the location you are applying to here and ask to speak with a manager regarding the nature of your request.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
The Company participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the US.
State / City Compliance: The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal history, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Get To Know Our Team.
Get to know us and find out why you should become part of our team.