Planner, International (Franchise)Location: Northbrook, Illinois
We inspire purpose-filled living that brings joy to the modern home. With a team of more than 8,000 associates spanning 130 store and distribution locations across the U.S. and Canada, we achieve together, drive results and innovate to inspire. Drawn together by a shared passion for our customers and a spirit of fun, we deliver high-quality home furnishings that are expertly designed, responsibly sourced and bring beauty and function to people’s homes. From the day we opened our first store in Chicago in 1962 to the digital innovations that engage millions of customers today, our iconic brand is over 60 years in the making—and our story is still unfolding.
We’re here for it. We think you should be too. We’re looking for a driven professional with an inclusive mindset to join our team as a Planner in the International (Franchise) department.
This position is responsible for determining the composition of the International assortment each season. The Franchise Planner also manages the seasonal order process to Franchise partners, assisting the partners in analyzing inventory positions and markdown strategies to support financial goals. This position is also responsible for planning, forecasting, and managing Franchise forecasts and shipments. The Franchise Planner will also drive and lead in market training programs with the franchise Brand Teams.
The Planner position is a hybrid role that typically works two days per week out of the corporate office in Northbrook, Illinois.
A day in the life as a Planner, International…
- Partner with International Merchandising Manager on SKU level assortment composition
- Manage seasonal order process to franchise partners, coordinate and arrange special orders from partners
- Plan, forecast and actively manage franchise forecasts and shipments
- Partner with the planning teams to develop and administer a central repository of the Total Company Seasonal Assortment Plan for use by franchise partners and Canada
- Supervise all coding and assortment exception reporting for franchise partners
- Identify and support opportunities for improvement in franchise business management and process design
- Develop and demonstrate competency in merchandise planning and management suite of applications; leverage tools to their fullest capability and identify areas for continuous improvement
- Assist franchise partners in analyzing inventory positions and markdown strategies that support financial goals
- Participate in cross-functional project meetings on behalf of International
- Utilize data-based programs to query necessary information and analyze business specific questions
- Train franchise partners in the market on best practices and planning skills
What you’ll bring to the table…
- Strong presentation and organizational skills
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills
- IT Skills: Excel excellent / Word, Excel and PPT Advanced
- Excellent interpersonal skills and problem-solving skills
- Strong Communication skills (meeting management, working across boundaries)
We’d love to hear from you if you have…
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3+ years progressive retail planning experience
- Proficient in Excel
- Experience with AS400 (nice to have)
- Ability to travel internationally on occasion (multiple trips per year)
Our commitment to our associates is of the utmost importance. One of the reasons the company attracts such a diverse group of associates is that we offer a full menu of benefits that are relevant to their lives, both on and off the job. We are proud to offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package to support eligible part time and full time associates and their families, including:
- Life insurance and Disability
- Retirement and 401(k) match
- Paid time off, wellness time and volunteer time
- Merchandise discount and EAP resources
- Tuition Reimbursement
Many of these benefits begin on day one, and extend to eligible dependents. To learn more about available benefits please click https://jobs.crateandbarrel.com/benefits
Euromarket Designs, Inc., which does business as Crate and Barrel and CB2, will be referred to as “the Company”. The Company is deeply committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact the location you are applying to here and ask to speak with a manager regarding the nature of your request.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
The Company participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the US.
State / City Compliance: The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal history, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Job Applicant Privacy: For details about how the Company collects and uses your personal information, please see our Job Applicant Privacy & Communications Notice.
Don’t See Anything of Interest?
Join our Talent Community to stay in the loop with our job news and opportunities.Sign Up (Opens in New Window)
Get To Know Our Team.
Get to know us and find out why you should become part of our team.