Project Lead, Store Operations - CorporateApply Location: Northbrook, Illinois
With over 130 store and warehouse locations and more than 7,500 associates across the U.S. and Canada, Crate and Barrel is a dynamic and growing multi-channel furniture and housewares retailer. So we can continue to help others love how they live in moments that matter, the iconic brand is looking for a driven and passionate professional to raise the bar and join our Store Operations department as a Project Lead, Store Operations - Corporate located in our Northbrook, Illinois corporate office.
The Project Lead works on continuous process improvement by observing, assessing and measuring current processes and then iterating into improved processes to achieve goals in productivity, effectiveness, and customer experience for all stores. This includes acting as an operational subject matter expert in order to effectively support all stores.
- Ensures compliance, gathers feedback and measures for the results needed to keep all store processes relevant and continuously moving.
- Drive and support efficiency in back-of-house (BOH), stocking, and inventory management-related processes for all stores.
- Support and drive the process of determining truck delivery schedules and methods for stores, in coordination with Supply Chain and Distribution.
- Act as a key partner and subject matter expert (SME) on the creation of all operational resources and process training, etc.
- Act as a stakeholder and support in new store openings.
- Act as a resource and SME for various unique projects affecting the BOH, inventory management, physical inventory, systems etc.
- Collaborate, edit, and work with the Store Operations team and applicable departments or business channels, on process consistency and usability of resources.
- Act as a key resource and stakeholder for efficient BOH designs and seasonal changes as well as supplies and materials needed for BOH.
- Recommend and execute solutions as determined by store business needs.
- Own and drive all responsibilities in supporting best-in-class stores.
- Exhibit enthusiasm for our customer, the selling experience, and the retail process.
- Maintain flexibility and agility in order to evolve and adjust to new information, responsibilities and expectations as well as act as a change agent for others.
- Support all efforts and initiatives across all business channels implemented by the company.
- Remain current on industry trends and incorporate in stores, as appropriate, maintaining a future-thinking mindset when implementing process and system enhancements for stores.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- A minimum of 3 years experience in retail operations
- CAD experienced preferred or ability to learn
- Project management using formal project planning techniques
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Flexibility and agility to move between projects and changing timelines in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal skills, with a focus on collaboration and influence
- Confidence and ability to provide feedback to project team members, as needed
- Organizational and time management skills
- Ability to solve problems
- Ability to execute and drive results
- Ability to understand the associate audience, adapting as appropriate, and ensure relevance in all training resources and interactions with store associates
- Teach others on standards and processes
- Good reading, written and verbal language skills (English)
The job description and other aspects of the job listed on this job posting should not be construed to contain every function/responsibility that may be required to be performed by an associate in this job. Associates are required to perform other related functions as assigned.
Euromarket Designs, Inc., which does business as Crate and Barrel and CB2, will be referred to as “the Company”. The Company is deeply committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact the location you are applying to here and ask to speak with a manager regarding the nature of your request.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
The Company participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the US.
State / City Compliance: The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal history, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Get To Know Our Team.
Get to know us and find out why you should become part of our team.Meet Our Associates
Don’t See Anything of Interest?
Join our Talent Community to stay in the loop with our job news and opportunities.Sign Up (Opens in New Window)