Project Manager, Technology
With over 130 store and warehouse locations and more than 7,500 associates across the U.S. and Canada, Crate and Barrel is a dynamic and growing multi-channel furniture and housewares retailer. So we can continue to help others love how they live in moments that matter, the iconic brand is looking for a driven and passionate professional to raise the bar and join our Technology department as a Project Manager, Technology, located in our Northbrook, IL corporate office.
The Project Manager for Technology is responsible for delivering critical Technology projects according to defined business scope and requirements. The role will partner closely with associates within Technology and with the Program Management Office and business users in a highly collaborative, exciting, and fast paced atmosphere. A passion for learning new business areas, project management tools and best practices will be essential. Also important will be great communication, collaboration and empathy skills to ensure company progress and achievement of goals.
- Initiate and lead critical Technology projects as part of company-wide cross functional programs or continuous improvement projects.
- Direct and manage Technology project development, planning and execution from beginning to end, including project plan, budget, defect resolution, launch dates and stakeholder contributions.
- Manage all communication flow with the Technology team and relevant stakeholders, as it pertains to the project, escalating risks to the project plan where appropriate.
- Partner with PMO and business stakeholders to define business requirements to support streamlined software development and successful testing prior to implementation.
- Partner with Technology development teams to engage appropriate resources and ensure that all teams can function more efficiently and effectively.
- Maintain flexibility and agility in order to evolve and adjust to new information and contexts, and act as a change agent for others.
- Develop and deploy best practices related to Technology communication and project planning, aligned to Crate and Barrel project management office.
- Provide governance input to measure Technology department progress towards key performance metrics.
- Possess a complete understanding of applicable company systems, policies and procedures with particular focus on process or project implementation.
- 3+ years experience in Technology field (Retail technology preferred)
- 1+ years experience in leading projects/project management
- Project Management certification preferred
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or comparable field
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Google applications, computer systems
- Basic functional knowledge of Technology systems and understanding of System Architecture
- Ability to develop strong business acumen across multiple departments
- Demonstrated ability to successfully develop and lead projects according to project management best practices
- Proven ability to work cross functionally
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with a focus on collaboration and influence
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Data entry skills
- Good reading, written and verbal language skills (English)
The job description and other aspects of the job listed on this job posting should not be construed to contain every function/responsibility that may be required to be performed by an associate in this job. Associates are required to perform other related functions as assigned.
Euromarket Designs, Inc., which does business as Crate and Barrel and CB2, will be referred to as “the Company”. The Company is deeply committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact the location you are applying to here and ask to speak with a manager regarding the nature of your request.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
The Company participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the US.
State / City Compliance: The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal history, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Get To Know Our Team.
Get to know us and find out why you should become part of our team.Meet Our Associates
Don’t See Anything of Interest?
Join our Talent Community to stay in the loop with our job news and opportunities.Sign Up (Opens in New Window)