Sales Audit Coordinator
With over 130 store and warehouse locations and more than 7,500 associates across the U.S. and Canada, Crate and Barrel is a dynamic and growing multi-channel furniture and housewares retailer. So we can continue to help others love how they live in moments that matter, the iconic brand is looking for a driven and passionate professional to raise the bar and join our Finance department as an Sales Audit Coordinator, located in our Northbrook, IL corporate office.
Support internal control environment by auditing daily totals for all locations, ensuring timely and accurate deposit of all company receipts and performing monthly reconciliations for all credit cards and depository accounts.
- Perform monthly bank reconciliations and any related activities, including preparation of journal entries, deposit of corporate receipts and balancing and posting to the general ledger.
- Perform monthly reconciliations of payments.
- Perform daily sales audit functions and any related activities for all locations.
- Account for and ensure collection of all credit card chargebacks and returned checks.
- Provide support to store associates relating to the daysheet process and Point of Sale (POS) issues.
- Issue gift and shop card replacements and process gratis cards.
- Investigate potential fraud and follow up with Loss Prevention.
- Follow up on Credit Card Exception Report and reconcile the general ledger account monthly.
- Analyze data in order to identify sales metrics, trends, or characteristics and recommend opportunity for improvement.
- Prepare reports and ad-hoc analyses for management in order to aid in strategic decision-making.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Auditing
- Microsoft Excel skills are a must
- A minimum of 1 year of experience
- Google Sheets/Docs/Forms skills are a plus
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong reconciliation and journal entry skills
- Interpersonal skills with written, phone, and in-person communications
- Ability to maintain a level of professional skepticism in all aspects of the job
- Good reading, written and verbal language skills (English)
The job description and other aspects of the job listed on this job posting should not be construed to contain every function/responsibility that may be required to be performed by an associate in this job. Associates are required to perform other related functions as assigned.
Euromarket Designs, Inc., which does business as Crate and Barrel and CB2, will be referred to as “the Company”. The Company is deeply committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact the location you are applying to here and ask to speak with a manager regarding the nature of your request.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
The Company participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the US.
State / City Compliance: The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal history, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Get To Know Our Team.
Get to know us and find out why you should become part of our team.Meet Our Associates
Don’t See Anything of Interest?
Join our Talent Community to stay in the loop with our job news and opportunities.Sign Up (Opens in New Window)