Senior Analyst, Customer AnalyticsApply Location: Northbrook, Illinois
We inspire purpose-filled living that brings joy to the modern home. With a team of more than 8,000 associates spanning 130 store and distribution locations across the U.S. and Canada, we achieve together, drive results and innovate to inspire. Drawn together by a shared passion for our customers and a spirit of fun, we deliver high-quality home furnishings that are expertly designed, responsibly sourced and bring beauty and function to people’s homes. From the day we opened our first store in Chicago in 1962 to the digital innovations that engage millions of customers today, our iconic brand is nearly 60 years in the making—and our story is still unfolding.
We’re here for it. We think you should be too. We’re looking for a driven professional with an inclusive mindset to join our team as a Senior Customer Analytics Analyst.
The Senior Analyst will use their deep knowledge of data mining, advanced analytics, and familiarity with data science concepts/principles to support and refine the measurement framework used to maintain operational reporting, analyze and improve customer acquisition and retention. They will focus on leveraging advanced analytics techniques to improve marketing program/channel effectiveness, manage projects, and influence others in the delivery of high quality results. They will also be asked to use historical data to understand trends and drivers of past performance providing actionable insights to answer business questions and identify future opportunities.
What you'll do...
- Serve as the subject matter expert and enterprise resource for analyzing, synthesizing and communicating customer development, customer insights, and thought leadership throughout the organization.
- Develop, manage, communicate, and leverage enterprise level customer analytical framework using dashboard and visualization tools to empower business partners.
- Execute marketing initiatives and projects to enrich customer data and better understand Crate customers, including, but not limited to demographics, preferences, behaviors, digital engagement etc.
- Translate these diagnostic analysis to find actionable insights.
- Work with cross functional teams to develop strategic business actions and decisions using these insights that will drive strong performance.
- In coordination with the centralized data science team, identify opportunities and develop machine learning models to improve effectiveness of marketing programs/channels.
- Act as the internal brand liaison for these models and counsel on strategies to support business challenges/opportunities.
- Enable self-service analytics through data visualization tools and provide accurate and dynamic insights for internal customers.
- Proactively present insights and think of new ways to analyze customer data.
- Build and maintain models (customer segmentation, propensity, customer churn, etc...) to help create a better marketing experience for our customers.
What you'll bring...
- Bachelor’s degree (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics is preferred) Masters with an analytical focus is a plus
- 2+ years previous experience in developing analytical framework to analyze complex business problems and using analytics to drive business results
- 2+ years of SQL experience to transform, manipulate and analyze data
- 2+ years previous experience in developing interactive dashboards for business partners, preferred on Tableau, Power BI,Data Studio or Looker
- Experience in Cloud Databases, preferably BigQuery
- Project leadership from start to finish and proven ability to maintain momentum
- Experience with customer data (demographics, identity, etc.) preferred
- Modeling experience in machine learning, marketing mix modeling and/or attribution is a plus
- Ability to frame business problems into analytical outputs and translate back to business needs
- Ability to construct complex SQL queries to manipulate and prepare large datasets
- Knowledge of cloud environment and functionalities
- Knowledge of A/B testing and multivariate testing
- Developer skills in data visualization tools such as Tableau, Datastudio or Looker
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Proven project leadership expertise and independent decision making
- Ability to present technical concept/analysis to non-technical audience
- Experience in Python or R
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform is a plus
Our commitment to our associates is of the utmost importance. One of the reasons the company attracts such a dynamic group of associates is that we offer a full menu of benefits that are relevant to their lives, both on and off the job. Many of these benefits begin on day one, and extend to eligible dependents. To learn more about available benefits please click https://jobs.crateandbarrel.com/benefits.
Euromarket Designs, Inc., which does business as Crate and Barrel and CB2, will be referred to as “the Company”. The Company is deeply committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact the location you are applying to here and ask to speak with a manager regarding the nature of your request.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
The Company participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the US.
State / City Compliance: The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal history, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Get To Know Our Team.
Get to know us and find out why you should become part of our team.