Senior Art Director, eCommerceApply Location: Northbrook, Illinois
With over 130 store and warehouse locations and more than 7,500 associates across the U.S. and Canada, Crate and Barrel is a dynamic and growing multi-channel furniture and housewares retailer. So we can continue to help others love how they live in moments that matter, the iconic brand is looking for a driven and passionate professional to raise the bar and join our Digital Creative department as a Sr. Art Director, eCommerce located in our Northbrook, IL corporate office.
A skilled multi-tasker and inspiring creative leader, the Senior Art Director is responsible for leading the eCom brand designers to create flawless digital experiences and marketing promotions that drive engagement and conversion while inspiring our customers.
- Accountable for owning and driving the creative vision and visual design for the brand eCom sites.
Collaborate with key internal partners to establish goals elevate the look and feel of the site, and continuously improve online marketing experiences.
- Collaborate and develop creative concepts/assignments, development and execution of creative campaigns for the site, adapting for device as requires.
- Provide ongoing direction to advance the creative point of view of the brand.
- Act as a strategist and brand steward, creating results that are both eloquent and practical.
- Deliver real business results - artfully.
Responsible for the day-to-day art direction of their team and hands-on execution for key marketing initiatives.
- Ensure design solutions are customer focused, intuitive and flawlessly executed.
- Review designs and live site daily to ensure consistency and standards in execution.
- Lead the channel design execution, ensuring creative alignment with campaign concept.
- Continually initiate ideas to enhance the brand experience, improve conversion and drive sales.
- Lead creative execution of testing and personalization.
- Partner with business team to understand strategy.
- Champion a data-driven approach and utilizes analytics, AB testing and customer testing to inform design.
- Manage multiple projects, deadlines and deliverables, ensuring on-time launches and flawless execution.
- Create an inspired, high-performing and fully-engaged team by providing visionary ideas, insightful feedback and clear, consistent direction.
- Foster team member development, effective and timely performance assessments and productive workflow processes.
- Act as a leader in cross-functional collaboration to bring eCommerce strategies and marketing campaigns to life for the sites.
- Partner with internal teams to deliver a consistent and innovative consumer-first brand presentation across channels.
- Align with multiple business stakeholders across eCommerce, marketing and creative.
- RESUME MUST PROVIDE LINK TO PORTFOLIO (must include password)
- Bachelor’s degree required, BFA in Graphic Design or UX a plus
- Minimum 7 years of relevant experience, familiary with retail industry a plus
- 5+ years previous experience as a designer coupled with 2+ years previous experience designing user interfaces for large-scale websites and/or apps
- Strong understanding of UX and CMS
- Strong understanding of both agile and waterfall processes
- Good understanding of relevant software, Sketch; Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, etc...) and Apple computer operating system required
- Familiarity with HTML/CSS, InVision and other prototyping tools a plus
- Exceptional formal design skills: typography, composition, color, layout, etc., able to mentor team members in these skills
- Demonstrated ability to develop concepts and deliver creative execution against strategic briefs
- Strong understanding of retail marketing and eCommerce best practices and strategies
- Experience mentoring and leading creative teams and ability to work in a team environment
- Strong communication skills, including ability to present ideas and work with a clear rationale; Ability to appropriately adjust communication (verbal and written) and presentation style and content to the audience
- Strong collaboration skills, promoting a sense of teamwork by working effectively, respectfully and efficiently with all associates
- Demonstrates strong team partnership and leadership potential through strong personal leadership skills and leading by example
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment with strong organization, prioritization, time/project management skills for self and team
- Demonstrates flexibility, adaptiveness and a positive attitude–leads by example
- Master of craft and complex problem-solving with a focus on the finer details.
- Good reading, written and verbal language skills (English)
The job description and other aspects of the job listed on this job posting should not be construed to contain every function/responsibility that may be required to be performed by an associate in this job. Associates are required to perform other related functions as assigned.
Euromarket Designs, Inc., which does business as Crate and Barrel and CB2, will be referred to as “the Company”. The Company is deeply committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact the location you are applying to here and ask to speak with a manager regarding the nature of your request.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
The Company participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the US.
State / City Compliance: The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal history, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Get To Know Our Team.
Get to know us and find out why you should become part of our team.Meet Our Associates
Don’t See Anything of Interest?
Join our Talent Community to stay in the loop with our job news and opportunities.Sign Up (Opens in New Window)