Senior Art Director, Package DesignApply Location: Northbrook, Illinois
We inspire purpose-filled living that brings joy to the modern home. With a team of more than 8,000 associates spanning 130 store and distribution locations across the U.S. and Canada, we achieve together, drive results and innovate to inspire. Drawn together by a shared passion for our customers and a spirit of fun, we deliver high-quality home furnishings that are expertly designed, responsibly sourced and bring beauty and function to people’s homes. From the day we opened our first store in Chicago in 1962 to the digital innovations that engage millions of customers today, our iconic brand is nearly 60 years in the making—and our story is still unfolding.
We’re here for it. We think you should be too. We’re looking for a driven professional with an inclusive mindset to join our team as a Senior Art Director, Packaging Design.
The Senior Art Director, Packaging Design will be accountable for owning and driving the development of creative concepts based on written or verbal briefs for all packaging design . They will collaborate with and lead a Creative team to produce design solutions that visually convey a particular message, idea or concept.
What you'll do...
- Collaborate on and/or lead the teams more complex creative assignments and mentor/assist other team members with the conceptual thinking, development and execution of creative campaigns across all mediums.
- Inspire, support and lead a team through multiple on-going projects and timelines and provide the team with what they need to be, and perform at, their very best.
- Maintain brand authenticity throughout all creative work and delivers smart, useful, constructive art direction and feedback to team during creative development.
- Collaborate with Creative Directors and Project Managers to delegate work to appropriate team members.
- Develop strong working relationships with business partners across all channels of the brand to deliver strategic and on target creative concepts.
- Ensure budgets, deadlines, etc. are complete, accurate and followed and assists in developing and maintaining schedules for projects.
- Attend and/or lead meetings facilitated by business area or project initiator to understand the goals and objectives throughout the stages of a project.
- Deliver and present concepts and designs.
- Prepare for and attend photo shoots, when required.
- Review all editorial and image content, ensures proper layout and color and approves printer proofs. Attends press checks, when required.
- Participate in and encourages ongoing training regarding new technologies and systems.
What you'll bring...
- Must provide a link to portfolio (including password) on resume or provide PDF samples
- Must be able to relocate to Chicago
- Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design, Fine Arts, Design or a related area
- 10+ years of GRAPHICS (Proficiency)
- 3+ years management experience
- Love and mastery of typography required
- Proficient in Adobe CC Suite, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
- Motion Graphics and Animation experience a plus
- Illustration and Photography skills a plus
- Proven Leadership skills who acts with courage, compassion and calm
- Positive attitude and infectious personal drive that energizes others
- Strong communication skills who can help make complex issues easy to understand
- Excellent collaborator, strong sense of teamwork by working effectively, respectfully and efficiently
- Ability to thrive in a complex, fast-paced environment
- Strong change and adaptability skills
- Strong multitasking skills who is capable of balancing multiple activities/projects
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage time and correctly prioritize multiple projects for themselves and others
- Consistently has achieved desired outcomes on time and with a minimum of avoidable errors and issues
Our commitment to our associates is of the utmost importance. One of the reasons the company attracts such a dynamic group of associates is that we offer a full menu of benefits that are relevant to their lives, both on and off the job. Many of these benefits begin on day one, and extend to eligible dependents. To learn more about available benefits please click https://jobs.crateandbarrel.com/benefits.
Euromarket Designs, Inc., which does business as Crate and Barrel and CB2, will be referred to as “the Company”. The Company is deeply committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact the location you are applying to here and ask to speak with a manager regarding the nature of your request.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
The Company participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the US.
State / City Compliance: The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal history, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Get To Know Our Team.
Get to know us and find out why you should become part of our team.