Senior Copywriter, Email & DigitalLocation: Northbrook, Illinois
We inspire purpose-filled living that brings joy to the modern home. With a team of more than 8,000 associates spanning 130 store and distribution locations across the U.S. and Canada, we achieve together, drive results and innovate to inspire. Drawn together by a shared passion for our customers and a spirit of fun, we deliver high-quality home furnishings that are expertly designed, responsibly sourced and bring beauty and function to people’s homes. From the day we opened our first store in Chicago in 1962 to the digital innovations that engage millions of customers today, our iconic brand is over 60 years in the making—and our story is still unfolding.
We’re here for it. We think you should be too. We’re looking for a driven professional with an inclusive mindset to join our team as a Senior Copywriter, Email & Digital.
The Senior Copywriter, Email & Digital will be responsible for creating engaging content and conceptual ideas for Email and Paid Digital advertising campaigns. This role will also develop content that brings our creative strategy to life, connecting people to our brand, deepening engagement and driving conversion.
A day in the life as a Senior Copywriter, Email & Digital…
- Create engaging, informative and high-performing content that supports business strategies for the email and paid digital (social and banner ads) channels
- Deliver copy that embodies the unique Crate & Barrel voice and feels fresh, relevant and reflects our brand positioning
- Collaborate with designers and marketers in the concept development process to form ideas against marketing briefs
- Build cross-functional relationships and interact daily with the Email design, Paid Digital design and Brand marketing teams to support initiatives
- Remain current on trends and cultural influences that are important to our customers, particularly in the area of home design, décor and entertaining
- Review metrics monthly to analyze copy effectiveness and apply data to copy strategy strategy to maximize performance
- Ability to collaborate with partners or work independently to develop content and concepts
- Understand the nuances of our customer segments/channels and adjust the content or story as needed to maximize relevancy and connection
What you’ll bring to the table…
- Creative writing and storytelling skills with the ability to develop and deliver a clear, inspiring point of view
- Possess an understanding of email content and digital media best practices
- Understand marketing principles with demonstrated ability to deliver effective creative solutions against marketing briefs and content strategies
- Demonstrated ability to successfully guide and move forward multiple projects at one time
- Deliver complex ideas/objectives in a clear, concise and engaging way
- Communicate clearly and effectively to both internal and external audiences
We’d love to hear from you if you have…
- Must provide a link to portfolio demonstrating smart copywriting (including password) on resume or provide PDF samples
- 5 years professional creative writing experience in Advertising, Retail or any digital/social media
- Bachelor's degree in Journalism, English or Marketing/Communications
- Experience with home, fashion or lifestyle brand or publications
- Fluent in AP style
Our commitment to our associates is of the utmost importance. One of the reasons the company attracts such a diverse group of associates is that we offer a full menu of benefits that are relevant to their lives, both on and off the job. We are proud to offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package to support eligible part time and full time associates and their families, including:
- Life insurance and Disability
- Retirement and 401(k) match
- Paid time off, wellness time and volunteer time
- Merchandise discount and EAP resources
- Tuition Reimbursement
Many of these benefits begin on day one, and extend to eligible dependents. To learn more about available benefits please click https://jobs.crateandbarrel.com/benefits
Euromarket Designs, Inc., which does business as Crate and Barrel and CB2, will be referred to as “the Company”. The Company is deeply committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact the location you are applying to here and ask to speak with a manager regarding the nature of your request.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
The Company participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the US.
State / City Compliance: The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal history, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Job Applicant Privacy: For details about how the Company collects and uses your personal information, please see our Job Applicant Privacy & Communications Notice.
Don’t See Anything of Interest?
Join our Talent Community to stay in the loop with our job news and opportunities.Sign Up (Opens in New Window)
Get To Know Our Team.
Get to know us and find out why you should become part of our team.
Match Your Skills.
Search jobs based on the skills and experience in your LinkedIn profile.Start Matching Skills