Senior Database AdministratorLocation: Northbrook, Illinois
We inspire purpose-filled living that brings joy to the modern home. With a team of more than 8,000 associates spanning 130 store and distribution locations across the U.S. and Canada, we achieve together, drive results and innovate to inspire. Drawn together by a shared passion for our customers and a spirit of fun, we deliver high-quality home furnishings that are expertly designed, responsibly sourced and bring beauty and function to people’s homes. From the day we opened our first store in Chicago in 1962 to the digital innovations that engage millions of customers today, our iconic brand is over 60 years in the making—and our story is still unfolding.
We’re here for it. We think you should be too. We’re looking for a driven professional with an inclusive mindset to join our team as a Senior Database Administrator
The Senior Database Administrator is responsible for management and administration of specific database technologies for key systems within Crate&Barrel. They are responsible for overall database health, while managing tools and processes to ensure overall reliability, availability, recoverability, and security of company databases. They will partner with DBA team leadership, company governance, functional owners of business systems, Technology infrastructure and development teams and interface with external Managed Service providers.
This position is fully Remote.
A day in the life as a Senior Database Administrator…
- Managing incidents to resolution and defining preventive action plans
- Fielding, processing and fulfilling requests for database services
- Managing daily maintenance jobs across all supported databases, taking corrective action as needed
- Planning, developing and executing database patching process through effective engagement with functional owners and managed service providers
- Configuring and supporting high availability and disaster recovery failover capabilities
- Partnering with governance and compliance on key deliverables and actions, including customary audits and other tasks as needed
- Manage team monitoring and alerting tools, adjusting and standardizing thresholds appropriately and in accordance with application criticality
- Proactively identify anomalies and exceptions within database workloads to effectively remediate and resolve as appropriate
- Engage with team leadership, external technology vendors, suppliers and outsourcing partners to ensure that proper database best practices are met
- Pursue opportunities that will allow the company to grow and scale quickly, with an eye toward innovation and automation
- Participate in annual budget and planning activities
- Developing and maintaining team documentation
What you’ll bring to the table…
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and creative problem-solving skills
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to effectively troubleshoot, triage and handle major incidents across the organization
- Ability to think creatively and contribute new ideas
- Strong collaboration skills with the ability to understand business requirements
- Expertise in SQL Server database concepts and facilities
- Proficiency in enterprise class database monitoring tools
- Proven experience with automation tools
- Experience with Oracle, DB2, Open Source database platforms is a plus
- Familiarity with public cloud database infrastructure and architecture (AWS, Azure, GCP) a plus
We’d love to hear from you if you have…
- Strong, seasoned experience with database fundamentals, such as indexing strategies and query execution plans
- Experience working with 3rd party providers and off-shore teams to deliver DBA capabilities
- Proven experience with db patching process and solutions
- College degree in the field of computer science and/or 6-8 years’ equivalent work experience
Our commitment to our associates is of the utmost importance. One of the reasons the company attracts such a diverse group of associates is that we offer a full menu of benefits that are relevant to their lives, both on and off the job. We are proud to offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package to support eligible part time and full time associates and their families, including:
- Life insurance and Disability
- Retirement and 401(k) match
- Paid time off, wellness time and volunteer time
- Merchandise discount and EAP resources
- Tuition Reimbursement
Many of these benefits begin on day one, and extend to eligible dependents. To learn more about available benefits please click https://jobs.crateandbarrel.com/benefits
Euromarket Designs, Inc., which does business as Crate and Barrel and CB2, will be referred to as “the Company”. The Company is deeply committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact the location you are applying to here and ask to speak with a manager regarding the nature of your request.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
The Company participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the US.
State / City Compliance: The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal history, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Job Applicant Privacy: For details about how the Company collects and uses your personal information, please see our Job Applicant Privacy & Communications Notice.
Don’t See Anything of Interest?
Join our Talent Community to stay in the loop with our job news and opportunities.Sign Up (Opens in New Window)
Get To Know Our Team.
Get to know us and find out why you should become part of our team.