Senior Designer, KidsApply Location: Northbrook, Illinois
With over 130 store and warehouse locations and more than 7,500 associates across the U.S. and Canada, Crate and Barrel is a dynamic and growing multi-channel furniture and housewares retailer. So we can continue to help others love how they live in moments that matter, the iconic brand is looking for a driven and passionate professional to raise the bar and join our Crate Kids department as a Senior Designer, Kids located in our Northbrook, IL corporate office.
The Senior Designer, Kids will bring an excellent design aesthetic, strong graphic design skills, attention to detail and creative thinking to the Crate and Kids design team.
- Must provide Portfolio link (including password) on resume or PDF sample.
- Collaborate alongside digital and print creative teams and business partners to develop concepts and create design solutions that bring the brand’s vision to life and drive customer acquisition.
- Create design solutions and generate creative concepts.
- Produce creative for omni-channel campaigns, digital media including but not limited to display and social, catalogs, promotions, ads and other mediums.
- Maintain brand consistency throughout all creative work and ensures work meets brand guidelines.
- Oversee all design projects, from concept to delivery.
- Maintain high standards and ensures work is to spec in digital and print mediums.
- Contribute and participate in meetings to understand the goals and objectives throughout the stages o
- f a project.
- Collaborate on and/or leads the team’s complex creative assignments.
- Mentor other team members with the conceptual thinking, development and execution of creative campaigns across all mediums; performs this function independently
- Develop and present concepts to creative partners and directors, marketing and internal clients and project stakeholders.
- Get concept approval and work with the Photo Studio team to prepare for photo shoots, and attends photo shoots when required.
- Assist in the production of a variety of assets and have an understanding of file preparation and printing processes for print and digital applications.
- Review all editorial and image content, ensure proper layout and color and approves printer proofs.
- Attends press checks, when required.
- Stay up-to-date with industry developments and tools and apply to design solutions.
- Participate in ongoing training regarding technology upgrades and new systems applicable to the position.
- Bachelor's degree in Art and Design with an emphasis in Graphic Design, Graphic Arts, or a related area
- 5+ years of relevant experience in graphic design
- Love and mastery of typography required
- Excellent design sensibility and strong graphic design skills coupled with a keen eye for detail
- Proficient in Adobe CC Suite, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Microsoft Office Suite
- Motion Graphics and Animation experience a plus
- Illustration and Photography skills a plus
- Ability to think creatively and deliver clever concepts
- Excellent communication skills coupled with a positive and energetic attitude that has experience mentoring junior creatives
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects
- Ability to meet deadlines effectively and strong problem-solving skills
- Strong sense of teamwork and collaboration
- Good reading, written and verbal language skills (English)
The job description and other aspects of the job listed on this job posting should not be construed to contain every function/responsibility that may be required to be performed by an associate in this job. Associates are required to perform other related functions as assigned.
Euromarket Designs, Inc., which does business as Crate and Barrel and CB2, will be referred to as “the Company”. The Company is deeply committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact the location you are applying to here and ask to speak with a manager regarding the nature of your request.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
The Company participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the US.
State / City Compliance: The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal history, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Get To Know Our Team.
Get to know us and find out why you should become part of our team.Meet Our Associates
Don’t See Anything of Interest?
Join our Talent Community to stay in the loop with our job news and opportunities.Sign Up (Opens in New Window)