Senior DesignerApply Location: Northbrook, Illinois
With over 130 store and warehouse locations and more than 7,500 associates across the U.S. and Canada, Crate and Barrel is a dynamic and growing multi-channel furniture and housewares retailer. So we can continue to help others love how they live in moments that matter, the iconic brand is looking for a driven and passionate professional to raise the bar and join our Marketing department as a Senior Designer, Email located in our Northbrook, IL corporate office.
- NOTE: Position allows hotel workspace at our Chicago office.
- Responsible for developing and executing design concepts for the email channel.
- Delivers compelling, brand elevated designs through typography, design, and photography.
- Partners with cross-functional teams to create elevated email campaigns that drive engagement and conversion and inspire our customers.
- Develop and execute elevated email designs that are customer-focused and support the creative/business strategy.
- Collaborate on developing design, presentation and photography concepts for email creative.
- Plan and support email photography art direction.
- Define and deliver email designs with high productivity.
- Provide direction and mentorship to Designer and Production Designer.
- Collaborate with design leads and external teams to ensure new campaigns are produced at standards that uphold/elevate the company’s brand identity.
- Build cross-functional relationships and interact daily with internal teams teams on email initiatives, as appropriate.
- Consistently approach design projects from a user-centered perspective.
- Manage projects while working within schedule requirements.
- Maintain awareness of key performance metrics and incorporate them as part of the goals of the email designs.
- Must provide Portfolio link or PDF samples
- Minimum 5-7 years of relevant experience
- Bachelor’s degree in design preferred
- Familiarity with retail industry a plus
- Extensive knowledge in graphic design with an ability to design solutions that bridge customer and business needs
- Strong communication skills - including ability to present work with clear rationale behind design decision making, clear and concise written communication, and good interpersonal skills
- Strong project management skills - able to manage multiple projects and meet all necessary deadlines
- Strong understanding of Photoshop and InDesign
- Experience in designing for the email channel and possess an understanding of email design best practices
- Knowledge of coding HTML email
- Demonstrate flexibility and adaptiveness, collaborating with email team on new designs and campaigns
- Demonstrate the ability to be self-motivated and to work on designs independently when needed
- Good reading, written and verbal language skills (English)
The job description and other aspects of the job listed on this job posting should not be construed to contain every function/responsibility that may be required to be performed by an associate in this job. Associates are required to perform other related functions as assigned.
Euromarket Designs, Inc., which does business as Crate and Barrel and CB2, will be referred to as “the Company”. The Company is deeply committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact the location you are applying to here and ask to speak with a manager regarding the nature of your request.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
The Company participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the US.
State / City Compliance: The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal history, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Get To Know Our Team.
Get to know us and find out why you should become part of our team.Meet Our Associates
Don’t See Anything of Interest?
Join our Talent Community to stay in the loop with our job news and opportunities.Sign Up (Opens in New Window)