Senior Developer (eCommerce)Location: Northbrook, Illinois
We inspire purpose-filled living that brings joy to the modern home. With a team of more than 8,000 associates spanning 130 store and distribution locations across the U.S. and Canada, we achieve together, drive results and innovate to inspire. Drawn together by a shared passion for our customers and a spirit of fun, we deliver high-quality home furnishings that are expertly designed, responsibly sourced and bring beauty and function to people’s homes. From the day we opened our first store in Chicago in 1962 to the digital innovations that engage millions of customers today, our iconic brand is over 60 years in the making—and our story is still unfolding.
We’re here for it. We think you should be too. We’re looking for a driven professional with an inclusive mindset to join our team as a Senior Developer.
As a developer on our eCommerce team you will deliver customer-facing solutions using the .NET Framework and other modern web technologies in our rapidly evolving products. You will develop solutions built for sustainability and performance, and will improve the architecture to handle our growing customer base. You will collaborate closely with product managers, testers and other developers to design, test, code, deliver and support software within an Agile Scrum environment via website architecture built on a cloud infrastructure. Our websites and supporting applications provide the online shopping experience for Crate and Barrel and CB2 customers.
This position is fully Remote.
A day in the life as a Senior Developer…
- Designing and developing business functionality in multi-tier web solutions while improving code quality and infrastructure
- Building scalable, unit testable solutions for our website applications and do code reviews
- Following good security, coding standards, architecture patterns, and documentation practices
- Working across all phases of the software development lifecycle (planning, design, implementation, deployment, operations and support)
- Working on a cross-disciplinary Agile team to understand requirements, do product backlog grooming, sprint planning, execution, and retrospective
- Communicating effectively and efficiently with all associates and business contacts and promote a strong sense of teamwork
- Mentoring and coaching other developers and able to collaborate with offshore teams
- Optimizing website speed / performance and enhancing SEO
What you’ll bring to the table…
- Database experience - SQLServer, NoSQL experience
- Experience with JIRA and BitBucket/Git for source control
- Domain-Driven Design, Dependency Injection, caching strategies
- Proficiency in using built-in browser tools like Chrome Developer Tools
- Experience with Unit Test frameworks
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work independently without supervision
We’d love to hear from you if you have…
- 5+ years of .NET web development with a preferred focus on retail eCommerce solutions and MVC
- 3+ years with relational databases
- 2+ years working in Agile scrum framework
- Experience with Cloud architectures (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or comparable work experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Our commitment to our associates is of the utmost importance. One of the reasons the company attracts such a diverse group of associates is that we offer a full menu of benefits that are relevant to their lives, both on and off the job. We are proud to offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package to support eligible part time and full time associates and their families, including:
- Life insurance and Disability
- Retirement and 401(k) match
- Paid time off, wellness time and volunteer time
- Merchandise discount and EAP resources
- Tuition Reimbursement
Many of these benefits begin on day one, and extend to eligible dependents. To learn more about available benefits please click https://jobs.crateandbarrel.com/benefits
Euromarket Designs, Inc., which does business as Crate and Barrel and CB2, will be referred to as “the Company”. The Company is deeply committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact the location you are applying to here and ask to speak with a manager regarding the nature of your request.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
The Company participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the US.
State / City Compliance: The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal history, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Job Applicant Privacy: For details about how the Company collects and uses your personal information, please see our Job Applicant Privacy & Communications Notice.
Don’t See Anything of Interest?
Join our Talent Community to stay in the loop with our job news and opportunities.Sign Up (Opens in New Window)
Get To Know Our Team.
Get to know us and find out why you should become part of our team.