Senior Developer, WMSApply Location: Northbrook, Illinois
We inspire purpose-filled living that brings joy to the modern home. With a team of more than 8,000 associates spanning 130 store and distribution locations across the U.S. and Canada, we achieve together, drive results and innovate to inspire. Drawn together by a shared passion for our customers and a spirit of fun, we deliver high-quality home furnishings that are expertly designed, responsibly sourced and bring beauty and function to people’s homes. From the day we opened our first store in Chicago in 1962 to the digital innovations that engage millions of customers today, our iconic brand is nearly 60 years in the making—and our story is still unfolding.
We’re here for it. We think you should be too. We’re looking for a driven professional with an inclusive mindset to join our team as a Senior Developer, JDA
Maximize company sales growth and profitability by performing software application programming across multiple technologies to construct software applications that perform according to business requirements and priorities for warehousing and logistics systems, both package and custom. The Senior Software Developer will work closely with technology and business associates to create new innovative technology solutions and show a readiness to guide team members.
What You'll Do...
- Create and/or modify documentation for programs, process flow, test scripts or other software application needs, with the supervision and technical direction of the software application management team. Will work closely with product and business teams.
- Create effective, tested and documented code.
- Ability to take high-level tasks and business requirements and produce efficient outcomes.
- Conduct walkthroughs, review code, perform software applications programming, unit tests, string tests and write user documentation
- Prepare and plan test environments, execute system tests, and assist with execution of user acceptance tests.
- Participate and actively engage in collaborative solution development meetings and software application implementations for bothpackage solutions such as Blue Yonder (JDA) or Logistyx interfacing with legacy systems.
- Develop and execute unit tests and string tests of software application programs.
- Understand how material handling systems communicate with warehousing software to facilitate problem resolution.
- Develop detail design, technical design and unit test plan; functional program design, and technical program design, as needed.
- Possess a complete understanding of training and communication resources relevant to the position and participate in ongoing training regarding technology upgrades and new systems applicable to the position.
- Keep current with supply chain industry trends to accelerate innovation in solutions.
What You'll Bring...
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, or comparable work experience; Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum 5 years of software application development experience, including 1-2 years developer experience
- Possess a complete understanding of applicable company systems, policies and procedures. Including shipping software like BlueJay,
- Proship or Logistyx as well as legacy systems and package solutions like JDA or Manhattan
- Strong communicator and effective in conveying messages to business owners
- Provide excellent customer service to users of company system software applications
- Support and model excellent service by exhibiting a positive attitude and enthusiasm toward the job and the company to both internal and external customers in all forms of communication
- Stong written and verbal communication skills (English)
Our commitment to our associates is of the utmost importance. One of the reasons the company attracts such a dynamic group of associates is that we offer a full menu of benefits that are relevant to their lives, both on and off the job. Many of these benefits begin on day one, and extend to eligible dependents. To learn more about available benefits please click https://jobs.crateandbarrel.com/benefits.
Euromarket Designs, Inc., which does business as Crate and Barrel and CB2, will be referred to as “the Company”. The Company is deeply committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact the location you are applying to here and ask to speak with a manager regarding the nature of your request.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
The Company participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the US.
State / City Compliance: The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal history, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Get To Know Our Team.
Get to know us and find out why you should become part of our team.