Senior DevOps EngineerApply Location: Northbrook, Illinois
We inspire purpose-filled living that brings joy to the modern home. With a team of more than 8,000 associates spanning 130 store and distribution locations across the U.S. and Canada, we achieve together, drive results and innovate to inspire. Drawn together by a shared passion for our customers and a spirit of fun, we deliver high-quality home furnishings that are expertly designed, responsibly sourced and bring beauty and function to people’s homes. From the day we opened our first store in Chicago in 1962 to the digital innovations that engage millions of customers today, our iconic brand is nearly 60 years in the making—and our story is still unfolding.
We’re here for it. We think you should be too. We’re looking for a driven professional with an inclusive mindset to join our Technology team as a Senior DevOps Engineer…...
A Senior DevOps Engineer will lead and manage infrastructure projects and processes. They will support production, monitoring, and operations for our retail applications. They should have demonstrated intellectual curiosity to analyze and interpret the data to improve performance of various types of applications.
What You'll Do...
- Provide governance over access to production data and database in order to safeguard customer and other sensitive data.
- Oversee, design and modernize software deployments for web development, ensuring deployments meet standards required for implementation: unit testing, automated unit testing, regression testing and code reviews.
- Accountable for application security implementation and optimizations to our Web
- Application Firewall (WAF) and Bot detection.
- Build, manage, maintain secure application infrastructure in Amazon Web Services (AWS), GCP, other clouds and on premises.
- Create, analyze and be accountable for applicable key performance indicators (KPIs) to help optimize application performance.
- Provide proposals and follow through on what could be done to improve deployments, governance and environments.
- Evolve deployment pipelines to streamline and automate infrastructure and application builds.
- Make existing processes, infrastructure, and applications reliable, scalable, secure, and automated where appropriate.
- Map out micro services requirements to maintain security and performance KPIs.
- Ensure site availability and help to minimize any disruption in service.
- Provide and develop regular reporting on each deployment indicating the number of applications intended for deployment, number actually deployed, and any incidents arising during or following the implementation.
- Monitor application performance using real user monitoring, synthetic monitoring and waterfall data.
What You'll Bring...
- 5+ years in a production software development/deployment environment
- 2+ years web development experience, with at least some DevOps experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or comparable work experience
- Experience in Cloud providers such as AWS desired
- Strong attention to detail, extremely flexible, strong analytical skills, problem-solving abilities, and solid knowledge base are essential
- Ability to lead and guide other developers through problem solving challenges
- Responsible for multitasking and dealing with multiple urgent situations at a time
- Experience with automated build CI/CD pipelines and deployment tools, configuration management (e.g. Teamcity, Octopus Deploy) to provide a secure deployment environment
- Programming skills with at least one language, which may include a scripting language, such as .NET C#, Powershell
- Work with application hosting providers and third party service providers to coordinate deployments
- Prefer experience in CDN - (Akamai), APM - Application Performance Monitoring (New Relic), Log Aggregator (Sumo Logic), Lambda, NGINX, JIRA, BitBucket,
- Docker/containers, Linux
- Strong system skills, relational databases and query languages
- Strong reading and written language skills (English)
Our commitment to our associates is of the utmost importance. One of the reasons the company attracts such a dynamic group of associates is that we offer a full menu of benefits that are relevant to their lives, both on and off the job. Many of these benefits begin on day one, and extend to eligible dependents. To learn more about available benefits please click https://jobs.crateandbarrel.com/benefits.
Euromarket Designs, Inc., which does business as Crate and Barrel and CB2, will be referred to as “the Company”. The Company is deeply committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact the location you are applying to here and ask to speak with a manager regarding the nature of your request.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
The Company participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the US.
State / City Compliance: The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal history, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Get To Know Our Team.
Get to know us and find out why you should become part of our team.