Senior Digital Product DesignerLocation: Northbrook, Illinois
We inspire purpose-filled living that brings joy to the modern home. With a team of more than 8,000 associates spanning 130 store and distribution locations across the U.S. and Canada, we achieve together, drive results and innovate to inspire. Drawn together by a shared passion for our customers and a spirit of fun, we deliver high-quality home furnishings that are expertly designed, responsibly sourced and bring beauty and function to people’s homes. From the day we opened our first store in Chicago in 1962 to the digital innovations that engage millions of customers today, our iconic brand is over 60 years in the making—and our story is still unfolding.
We’re here for it. We think you should be too. We’re looking for a driven professional with an inclusive mindset to join our team as a Senior Digital Product Designer.
The Senior Digital Product Designer will be responsible for the entire user experience and design (UX/UI) of our Gift Registry program or Browse (path templates, product navigation, and favorites functionality) for Crate & Barrel and CB2. They will closely collaborate with stakeholders and work with a full agile team that will be involved in creating end-to-end experiences that captivate and delight our customers as they celebrate life’s extraordinary moments.
This position is fully remote
A day in the life as a Senior Digital Product...
- Lead end to end UX/UI Crate and Barrel Holdings (CBH) Gift Registry program or Browse experience including user research, wireframing and user flows, high fidelity interfaces and interactive prototypes
- Collaborate with Product Management, Technology teams as well as Design and Research teams to ensure new user experiences are produced at standards that uphold/elevate the company’s brand identity
- Leverage and help define user-centered design processes, working both independently and collaboratively
- Advocate for the customer as a member of an agile product team
Analyze user interface problems and user feedback to create on-brand design solutions that bridge user and business goals
- Apply and contribute to the digital design system to work quickly, using existing design patterns to ensure new user experiences are produced at standards that elevate the company’s brand image
- Partner effectively with third-party providers for qualitative or quantitative research as needed
- Possess a solid understanding of the eCommerce team vision and the purpose of user centered design in an agile work environment
- Contribute to the pattern library in creation of components and elements for Crate and Barrel Holdings (CBH)
- Continuously work to elevate and improve all experiences to maintain a best-in-class gift registry program
What you’ll bring to the table…
- Experience with User Centric Design Principles, Visual Design, Prototyping and Informational Architecture
- Code conversational and understanding of agile methodology
- Understanding of qualitative and quantitative user research methods
- Strong grasp of iOS native functionality
- Strong grasp of pattern libraries and design systems
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative cross-functional team environment that partners design with business stakeholders, technology and other designers
- Experience in defining business or functional requirements for digital initiatives
- Familiarity with retail industry and eCommerce a plus; familiarity with qualitative and quantitative user research methods
We’d love to hear from you if you have…
- Must provide a link to portfolio (including password) on resume or provide PDF samples
- 5+ years previous experience as a Digital Product Designer, UX Designer, Visual Designer, Interaction Designer or User Researcher
- Bachelor's degree in Design, HCI or equivalent
- Excellent experience with Figma; Remote Usability Testing/Web Conferencing software services, Adobe (Photoshop, Illustrator, etc...)
- Familiarity with HTML/CSS, and other prototyping tools
- Strong problem-solving skills and detail-orientation
- Strong communication skills - including ability to present research findings and design solutions with clear rationale behind decision making, clear and concise written communication, strong organizational and interpersonal skills
Our commitment to our associates is of the utmost importance. One of the reasons the company attracts such a diverse group of associates is that we offer a full menu of benefits that are relevant to their lives, both on and off the job. We are proud to offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package to support eligible part time and full time associates and their families, including:
- Life insurance and Disability
- Retirement and 401(k) match
- Paid time off, wellness time and volunteer time
- Merchandise discount and EAP resources
- Tuition Reimbursement
Many of these benefits begin on day one, and extend to eligible dependents. To learn more about available benefits please click https://jobs.crateandbarrel.com/benefits
Euromarket Designs, Inc., which does business as Crate and Barrel and CB2, will be referred to as “the Company”. The Company is deeply committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact the location you are applying to here and ask to speak with a manager regarding the nature of your request.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
The Company participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the US.
State / City Compliance: The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal history, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Job Applicant Privacy: For details about how the Company collects and uses your personal information, please see our Job Applicant Privacy & Communications Notice.
Don’t See Anything of Interest?
Join our Talent Community to stay in the loop with our job news and opportunities.Sign Up (Opens in New Window)
Get To Know Our Team.
Get to know us and find out why you should become part of our team.