Senior Director, Brand DesignApply Location: Northbrook, Illinois
With over 130 store and warehouse locations and more than 7,500 associates across the U.S. and Canada, Crate and Barrel is a dynamic and growing multi-channel furniture and housewares retailer. So we can continue to help others love how they live in moments that matter, the iconic brand is looking for a driven and passionate professional to raise the bar and join our Creative department as a Senior Director, Brand Design located in our Northbrook, IL corporate office.
The Senior Director, Brand Design is responsible for driving brand design and creative direction for all non-digital and digital brand marketing channels. This dynamic and creative leader will be a member of the Creative leadership team and will have significant influence on future business, organizational/leadership and strategic initiatives as well as focused on driving business growth, brand innovation and digital capabilities within the organization.
What you'll do...
- Deliver imaginative, conceptual thinking to advance and elevate the brand and ensure all creative touch points - including catalog, website, social media, display, email, packaging, signage - meet brand expectations.
- Responsible for the visual design of the brand and establishing brand design guidelines across all channels.
- Further cement Crate and Barrel’s position as a design leader by leading the team to create beautiful and effective design solutions for both digital and non-digital channels.
- Partner closely with Sr. Directors to develop seasonal campaign ideas that support product and brand storytelling.
- Ability to develop original and exciting conceptual ideas and drive engagement, excitement and innovation in our brand creative across all marketing channels.
- Routinely promote new ideas, methods, technologies to further the growth of our business, brand and team.
- Develop and execute digital programs to drive strategic customer acquisition and engagement through our brand design and organic digital channels such as SEM, SEO, Display, Mobile, Video, and content marketing.
- Provide advice and value-added ideas to senior management, partners and team based on deep subject matter expertise.
- Partner with e-commerce team to provide functional expertise to help evolve Crate’s digital footprint and execution of core digital marketing strategies, deliver a seamless customer shopping experience and ensure all programs are set-up for accurate measurement and success.
- Drive digital creative fluency and improved capabilities throughout team.
- Ensure accountability for achieving goals/objectives, takes decisive action and addresses risk/uncertainty to achieve success.
- Drive ongoing process improvements and organizational efficiency.
- Lead Sr. Art Directors and teams (Catalog, Digital/Social, Email, Packaging, and Store Signage) to drive innovative thinking and support.
- Provides clear, insightful, motivating and constructive observations and evaluations and able to advise senior management based on deep subject matter expertise.
- Must provide a link to portfolio (including password) on resume or provide PDF samples
What you'll bring...
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 15+ years creative experience
- 8+ years experience with large scale eCommerce, web/mobiles sites generating over $250M in revenue
- 7+ years of Creative leadership experience heading large teams of Art Directors and Designers
- Traditional Creative Agency and/or Creative Design experience
- Strong eCommerce and retail knowledge is a must
- Strong knowledge of retail marketing, brand design, signage systems, catalog, packaging, and production
- Strong user-centered design experience and and driving user-focused design strategies
- Strong knowledge of creating, executing and leveraging: motion, video, AR, VR, CGI and any new/emerging technologies
- Understand the nuances of our customer segments/channel and adjusting the tone/angle to maximize relevancy and connection
- Agile and able to anticipate future needs
- Experienced in developing strategies that drive top line growth and adapt to changing customer expectations
- Strong critical thinker, ability to translate marketing strategies into ideas and concepts into compelling and effective creative solutions
Good reading, written and verbal language skills (English)
The job description and other aspects of the job listed on this job posting should not be construed to contain every function/responsibility that may be required to be performed by an associate in this job. Associates are required to perform other related functions as assigned.
Our commitment to our associates is of the utmost importance. One of the reasons the company attracts such a dynamic group of associates is that we offer a full menu of benefits that are relevant to their lives, both on and off the job. Many of these benefits begin on day one, and extend to eligible dependents. To learn more about available benefits please click https://jobs.crateandbarrel.com/benefits.
Euromarket Designs, Inc., which does business as Crate and Barrel and CB2, will be referred to as “the Company”. The Company is deeply committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact the location you are applying to here and ask to speak with a manager regarding the nature of your request.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
The Company participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the US.
State / City Compliance: The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal history, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Get To Know Our Team.
Get to know us and find out why you should become part of our team.Meet Our Associates
Don’t See Anything of Interest?
Join our Talent Community to stay in the loop with our job news and opportunities.Sign Up (Opens in New Window)