Senior Director, Financial Planning & AnalysisApply Location: Northbrook, Illinois
We inspire purpose-filled living that brings joy to the modern home. With a team of more than 8,000 associates spanning 130 store and distribution locations across the U.S. and Canada, we achieve together, drive results and innovate to inspire. Drawn together by a shared passion for our customers and a spirit of fun, we deliver high-quality home furnishings that are expertly designed, responsibly sourced and bring beauty and function to people’s homes. From the day we opened our first store in Chicago in 1962 to the digital innovations that engage millions of customers today, our iconic brand is nearly 60 years in the making—and our story is still unfolding.
We’re here for it. We think you should be too. We’re looking for a driven professional with an inclusive mindset to join our team as a Senior Director, Financial Planning & Analysis...
The Crate and Barrel Senior Director of Brand Finance will have responsibility for all financial planning and analysis activities as well as portfolio analytics and reporting for the Crate and Barrel brand. This role will serve as a key member of the corporate brand leadership team and Finance leadership team. This leader must possess a comprehensive understanding of all key business drivers and financial models that enable the Finance organization to deliver insightful, value-added, long and short term analysis across the company. This individual will be a sound business partner to the Brand team with the ability to provide the story behind the numbers. This individual will also promote financial literacy by presenting and explaining financial results and analysis to other functional areas of the company.
What You'll do...
- Lead the Brand financial planning process including annual plans, monthly, and long range forecasts through the preparation, analysis and interpretation of detailed financial projections.
- Provide effective and timely financial information, business analytics and information to senior leadership to ensure the organization is effectively meeting the company’s strategic operating plan.
- Partner with business leaders across the organization to develop business cases for new initiatives, investment products, or offerings and track subsequent performance against the business case.
- Lead brand specific projects in support of the strategic plan and special initiatives.
- Monitor and analyze operating results against budget and forecast through the preparation and presentation of monthly reporting packages that include P&L and operational metrics.
- Prepare executive analysis and make recommendations to optimize profitability and revenue.
- Provide leadership to the Finance department in developing improvements in the level of financial and portfolio forecasting and reporting, including development of business intelligence and dashboard reporting tools.
- Provide collaborative and direct partnership with organization to develop and adhere to departmental financial targets.
- Oversee the strategic development of a robust set of analytics, metrics and reporting.
- Analyze and evaluate business practices within Financial Planning, Budgeting and Analysis and recommend actions to streamline processes, improve operational efficiencies, enhance the quality of financial analysis and reporting, and identify opportunities for reducing costs.
- Manage and develop a finance team.
What You'll Bring...
- A minimum 5 years as a corporate FP&A leader with experience in developing a strong team that provides outstanding support to the business and drives effective business decisions
- Strongly prefer Master’s Degree in Finance or Accounting, CPA or CFA Designations
- Effective and efficient in data mining or knowledge discovery - a process of gathering, testing and analyzing data from different perspectives and summarizing the results in a way that impacts driving financial decisions up to an executive level
- Demonstrated experience in the application of analytical methods of addressing business issues, with an emphasis on overall corporate decision analysisA minimum of 12 years of progressive FP&A experience; experience in the retail industry is strongly preferred
- Executive-level quantitative/analytical and organizational skills
- Expert forecasting and financial modeling skills
- Strong finance and accounting skills (GAAP, IFRS 16 a plus)
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines, demonstrate initiative, and ability to work effectively within time constraints
- Must be a strong communicator and influencer; communicate freely and easily internally and externally verbally and in writing
- Positive, results-oriented leadership that proactively partners with all business areas and all levels within the organization
- Strong business acumen and decision-making skills
- Extreme attention to detail paired with big-picture thinking
- Good reading and written language skills (English)
Our commitment to our associates is of the utmost importance. One of the reasons the company attracts such a dynamic group of associates is that we offer a full menu of benefits that are relevant to their lives, both on and off the job. Many of these benefits begin on day one, and extend to eligible dependents. To learn more about available benefits please click https://jobs.crateandbarrel.com/benefits.
Euromarket Designs, Inc., which does business as Crate and Barrel and CB2, will be referred to as “the Company”. The Company is deeply committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact the location you are applying to here and ask to speak with a manager regarding the nature of your request.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
The Company participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the US.
State / City Compliance: The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal history, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Get To Know Our Team.
Get to know us and find out why you should become part of our team.