Senior Director, Technology Infrastructure and Operations
With over 130 store and warehouse locations and more than 7,500 associates across the U.S. and Canada, Crate and Barrel is a dynamic and growing multi-channel furniture and housewares retailer. So we can continue to help others love how they live in moments that matter, the iconic brand is looking for a driven and passionate professional to raise the bar and join our IT department as a Senior Director, Technology Infrastructure & Operations located in our Northbrook, IL corporate office.
- Set the mission and vision of the Infrastructure & Operations organization to foster a business-oriented culture and mindset driven by continual service improvement techniques.
- Lead the development of the I&O service strategy and technical roadmap, and ensure its integration with the technology and enterprise strategic plans.
- Work with the technology senior leadership team on the service portfolio and governance required to prioritize resources, including budget.
- Act as a trusted advisor; build and maintain relationships with other technology leaders and business executives to develop a clear understanding of business needs. Ensure cost-effective delivery of technical services to meet those needs and respond with agility to address changing business priorities.
- Develop and control the annual operating expenditure and capital expenditure budgets for I&O to ensure that it's consistent with the overall enterprise goals.
- Define, develop and manage a comprehensive and integrated IT service management landscape.
- Participate in the assessment of external and internal technology capabilities required to achieve desired competitive positioning.
- Champion I&O involvement in the technology organization's innovation efforts and its role in experimenting with new solutions to take advantage of business opportunities.
- Provide strategic direction and oversight for the design, development, operation and support of technology systems that fulfill the needs of the business, including the full life cycle of technical architecture, infrastructure engineering, infrastructure operations, technology service support and business continuity/disaster recovery procedures and plans.
- Direct the development of an I&O sourcing strategy and provide executive oversight for strategic vendor and partner relationship management.
- Forecast future skill and competency needs to acquire and develop a forward-looking technology workforce. Requires an appropriate mix of business knowledge, technical skills and competencies that balance between growing the agility required to achieve digital business objectives and ensuring that the core technology functions are reliable, stable and efficient.
- Adopt new techniques and practices; such as Agile and service integration and management (SIAM), to complement the change in focus as the organization's maturity develops.
- Serve on technology planning and policy making committees; drive the development of technology standards, governance processes and metrics to ensure that I&O delivers value to the enterprise.
- Lead a team that maintains infrastructure security, reduces threat profile, and secures vulnerabilities using best practices.
- Deliver effective service management through the definition and adoption of a governance practice that uses KPIs and metrics to track and measure the quality of service. Integrates them with key accountabilities to ensure consistency of approach and continual service improvement.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field required
- 12+ years of relevant IT experience
- 7+ years in a management capacity, including leadership at the director level leading teams that manage business infrastructure, technology and/or support
- 5+ years of experience in large, cross-functional teams influencing senior-level management and key stakeholders effectively across the organization
- Application of appropriate regulatory or statutory compliance, including Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI DSS), Sarbanes-Oxley compliance (SOX), General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), and information security
- Success in leveraging traditional best practices, such as IT service management, as well as emerging methods, such as DevOps, that are optimized for agility
- Deep understanding of current and emerging I&O technologies and practices (including artificial intelligence (AI) and edge computing), and how other enterprises are employing them
- Experience in strategic planning, organization design and development; capability to lead technology transformational initiatives in complex and dynamic environments preferred
- Exceptional leadership skills, with the ability to develop and communicate an I&O vision that inspires and motivates staff and aligns with the enterprise strategy
- Expertise in budget planning and financial management, preferably with showback and/or chargeback models
- Experience with vendor management
- Good reading, written and verbal language skills (English)
The job description and other aspects of the job listed on this job posting should not be construed to contain every function/responsibility that may be required to be performed by an associate in this job. Associates are required to perform other related functions as assigned.
Euromarket Designs, Inc., which does business as Crate and Barrel and CB2, will be referred to as “the Company”. The Company is deeply committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact the location you are applying to here and ask to speak with a manager regarding the nature of your request.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
The Company participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the US.
State / City Compliance: The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal history, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Get To Know Our Team.
Get to know us and find out why you should become part of our team.Meet Our Associates
Don’t See Anything of Interest?
Join our Talent Community to stay in the loop with our job news and opportunities.Sign Up (Opens in New Window)