Senior Financial AnalystLocation: Northbrook, Illinois
We inspire purpose-filled living that brings joy to the modern home. With a team of more than 8,000 associates spanning 130 store and distribution locations across the U.S. and Canada, we achieve together, drive results and innovate to inspire. Drawn together by a shared passion for our customers and a spirit of fun, we deliver high-quality home furnishings that are expertly designed, responsibly sourced and bring beauty and function to people’s homes. From the day we opened our first store in Chicago in 1962 to the digital innovations that engage millions of customers today, our iconic brand is nearly 60 years in the making—and our story is still unfolding.
We’re here for it. We think you should be too. We’re looking for a driven professional with an inclusive mindset to join our team as a Senior Financial Analyst.
This position maximizes company and sales, margin and profitability through budgeting, forecasting, expense management, reporting, analysis and financial modeling for a specified company brand. The Senior Financial Analyst provides an independent, objective assessment of brand financial and operational performance and share ideas for improved profitability and best practices. Finally, this role develops points-of-view for decision making purposes derived from insights based on data and fact-based research.
What you'll do...
- Prepare the annual budget, three-year plan and periodic forecasts for Crate and Barrel retail stores
- Work to improve the planning process with an emphasis to drive improved business performance and control expenses in collaboration with Corporate, Store Operations, Field team
- Communicate financial performance and targets to business partners including Senior VP of Stores, Regional Directors, Area Managers and Store Managers
- Act as the primary point of contact for various functional areas on financial matters including budgeting and ad hoc financial analysis
- Collaborate with the Financial Accounting team to review and understand actual performance against budgeted performance to determine trends that need to be incorporated into future forecasts and the planning process
- Make financial recommendations based on financial and strategic analysis for development and evaluation of business cases / investment decision along with post mortem analysis of performance
- Work with VP of Finance and Real Estate to prepare real estate models on proposed new stores or relocations
- Support key strategic efforts and initiatives across business channels
- Assist in elevating the financial literacy of the company through the communication of financial performance, variance analysis and financial goals
- Support the company’s mission and goals, including applicable key performance indicators
- Other ad hoc analysis as needed
What you'll bring...
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting or related discipline
- A minimum of 5 years previous work experience in a financial planning and analysis or business unit finance role
- Strong financial acumen with the ability to build and translate complex integrated financial models
- Effective communication skills with ability to present to senior management
- Ability to process large sets of financial and other data (KPIs) from various systems in order to derive insights for decision-making
- Elevate the financial literacy of the company through the communication of financial performance, variance analysis and financial goals
- Ability to prioritize workload and manage multiple projects
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible to changing business needs and priorities of the organization
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Google platform (Sheets, Slides, Docs, etc.) required
- Experience with Hyperion Planning, Hyperion Essbase, Peoplesoft General Ledger, Microstrategy, Tableau, SQL all a plus
Our commitment to our associates is of the utmost importance. One of the reasons the company attracts such a diverse group of associates is that we offer a full menu of benefits that are relevant to their lives, both on and off the job. We are proud to offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package to support eligible part time and full time associates and their families, including:
- Life insurance and Disability
- Retirement and 401(k) match
- Paid time off, wellness time and volunteer time
- Merchandise discount and EAP resources
- Tuition Reimbursement
Many of these benefits begin on day one, and extend to eligible dependents. To learn more about available benefits please click https://jobs.crateandbarrel.com/benefits
Euromarket Designs, Inc., which does business as Crate and Barrel and CB2, will be referred to as “the Company”. The Company is deeply committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact the location you are applying to here and ask to speak with a manager regarding the nature of your request.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
The Company participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the US.
State / City Compliance: The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal history, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Don’t See Anything of Interest?
Join our Talent Community to stay in the loop with our job news and opportunities.Sign Up (Opens in New Window)
Get To Know Our Team.
Get to know us and find out why you should become part of our team.